Pitting Brutus

Have you heard the phrase, “Dont be a Jerk” ? I could care less if everyone thinks I’m a stupid moron for taking some silly commercial way too seriously, but there’s no reason to go throwing in arbitrary insults. Its just throws out credibility to your statements when you make it clear you’re more concerned with insulting me than disagreeing with me.

Damn, I bet your poetry also lacks passion. If you are going to Pit me, do it right, or not at all.

If you’re Brutus, this is all you know how to do. If you search for his posts (an activity I can recommend only if you have a well-controlled gag reflex), you’ll find that 98% of his “contributions” to the Board consist of mindless, gratuitous insults. Most of them are off-target, to boot. Best to ignore him.

Link?
isafoiuaoaghoaghaoighaoigaoigaoigagoiahgokagjksljodajgoisf

^^^(extra letters so i don’t get that stupid error message)

Link!

I never noticed that error before…

Aw, Jeez you guys, just drink your milk and go to bed.

I will say that in this case Brutus speaks with authority, since he has quite the reputation as a humorless dipshit himself.

That said, this is in fact the Pit, and frankly, what the OP complains about is really one of the milder epithets heard around here.

There’s no need to slam the girl’s poetry, for crying out loud. It had nothing to do with the subject at hand, did it?

Nah, I think the poetry aspect (as quoted in the Opening Post) is fair game - insofar as Brutus was noting that the girl’s poetry was a creative persuit offered to the public domain, as was the TV commercial she was all haughty about - hence the backhand.

Personally? I rather like the old Brutus dude. Or his style, rather. I get a chuckle from it. Being an Australian, I don’t have a dog in any of the internal US Politics fights (which is only natural), accordingly, the times I ever share thread space with Brutus tend to be pretty cool and mutually respectful.

Certainly, in that context, I think the the author of the OP could quite easily have defended herself in the original thread without the need to create a new thread here. To do the latter was a bit of an attention cry for mine.

Well, it was in the BBQ pit, which is sort of made for insulting.

Don’t tell me Brutus throwing in a gratuitous insult surprised you. If he didn’t he wouldn’t be the asshole he is.

Oh, stop fucking whining already. If you don’t like it when people call you an idiot, you got two options: stop posting like an idiot, or don’t post in the Pit. Considering the mind-numbing inanity contained in every post I’ve seen you make, I think Option #2 is your only realistic hope.

And I’ll bet Brutus was right about your poetry, too.

Damn
::Note to self: don’t get on Miller’s bad side::

As for the pitting, I think the both of you are acting like children.

Oh.

Tencharacterlimittencharacterlimit.

Your confrontationalism and bad humor is indicitive of small penis size, impotence, and premature ejaculation, and you can’t grind worth a crap. Except not, and you being a jerk does not mean that it’s fair game to throw in random insults, especially about something that is important enough to someone to stick into their screen name.

Or, perhaps he’s just calling it like he sees it. This is the Pit. While that’s not an excuse to be a jerk for no reason, one shouldn’t really get their panties in a bunch when someone calls them an idiot. It’s commonplace here. It does get rather wearing when people take great offense to the occasional random insult. Frankly, it’s a waste of time and bandwith. This is the one forum where if you’re acting like an idiot, you’re going to be called out. And with tens of thousands of members, the liklihood that someone is going to think you’re an idiot and call you out for it is rather high.

When you’re called out, you’ve got a few options. You can either ignore it, continue the discussion that resulted in your being called out and defend your position, throw the insult back with no further response (counter-productive IMHO) or run to the corner and cry like a baby (pitting someone for no reason other than calling you a name usually falls in this camp).

And if something is important enough for someone to stick into their screen name, perhaps they should grow a thicker skin about it because lets face it, it’s going to be one of the first things people go for when they want to get a rise out of you. Considering you’re the one who put it out there, you should kinda be expecting it. If something is so important to you that you could see yourself taking great offense to any little jabs someone might give you about it, it might be better to keep it a little closer to your person and not display it as part of your identity, the most prevelant part for those conversing with you on an annonymous message board.

Of course, considering the fact that the OP hasn’t made any mention of the fact that some people have made comments about her poetry, making it possible to infer that it doesn’t really bother her, sort of makes it a non-issue. Of course, considering the fact that the OP would actually pit someone (Brutus no less, who has a history of insulting people for no real reason and who most Dopers just ignore) for calling her an idiot, makes me believe that she’s probably whimpering in a corner somewhere.

My point being: if you can’t take the heat, stay out of the goddamn kitchen.

Excuse me while I choke on my sandwich. OK, there are aspects of strictly internal US politics that don’t affect us here. But when we have a Prime Minister whose foreign policy consists of pointing at the POTUS and saying “what he said”, I would really like to see you justify this statement, BBF.

Yeah, idiot!
lezlers, you rock.

You know, you’re starting to sound like a jerk here. Ease up already and knock off the unfounded insults and generalizations.

bob, I see where you’re coming from, but I respectfully disagree. Good jab about the grinding, though. Took me a minute. My first thought was, “What the hell does dancing have to do with it?” Always nice when people don’t assume my SN is based on the beer. Anyway, my bad humor is mostly indicitive of me recovering from the worst attack of stomach flu I’ve ever had. If I didn’t have IV bruises on my forearm, I probably would have kept my mouth shut.

She really does, doesn’t she?

I gotta pit Brutus for one thing…

he was your Buddy, man! And you treat Julius like THAT?!?!?! Conspiring with dipshits like Cassius do “save the Republic”? And now many times did you all have to stab him anyway?

F*cking anti-Imperialists!