Pitting Honeybadger

Of course I’m not suggesting that anyone else is topic banned on the substantive issues of climate change. I’m just suggesting that we should not continue to specifically discuss HBDC’s ignorance about climate change in his Pit thread after he has been topic banned and cannot respond. Unless you feel that there is anything that he has said in the past that has not been adequately debunked already, I guess.

We’ve always refrained from continuing to comment on banned posters, shouldn’t the same etiquette apply to a topic ban?

I would say “no” unless a mod says otherwise.

They can honor their thread ban. They can defend themselves and accept the consequences.

I don’t see any problem with either.

Nice memories of Tom Lehrer you bring up.

There is even a German version! Or plain good old plagiarism, if you want to see it that way.

I guess I do feel there’s an ethical problem with a Pit thread where we can continue to lay into someone for past stupidity on a topic when they are not allowed to respond. But that’s just my opinion, I’m pretty sure there’s no explicit rule about this.

But probably it’s not worth worrying about, I guess it will naturally tail off.

There’s a third alternative: they can concede they were being a dumbshit and stop defending nonsense and accept reality, and thereby discuss the topic freely.

I knew without looking that the link went to Georg Kreisler. I heard about his plagiarism in an episode of “Ich trage einen großen Namen” some time ago, of all shows.

Not really. He’s in one of the earliest stages of climate change denial. This is a 90’s argument.

[Moderating]
What Exit already pointed this out, but your topic ban on global warming denialism includes the Pit. I’ll give you one pass on this, because it might not have been clear if the loosened rules for the Pit included topic bans. It does. Do not post on this subject again.

No warning issued this time.
[/Moderating]

Threatening us with a good time?

It definitely leaves a sour taste for me.

I’m frequently on denialist forums, trying to fight disinformation. And those forums often give the OP the power to ban any person from posting in a thread, at any time, no justification required.
In such forums, usually when I see a post addressed to me, asking for evidence, it’s a good clue that I’ve been blocked from responding. (The “ask” was rhetorical, purely to show I supposedly “couldn’t” respond).

I know this isn’t the same, but it’s a step in the wrong direction IMO.

It looks like he’s now going on a fishing expedition in IMHO, regarding Hunter Biden’s art. I assume that the punch line is that Joe Biden is doing favors for people so they put his son’s art in their collection and drum up the prices.

https:/ /boards.straightdope.com/t/hunter-biden-art/990740

(broken link so that the IMHO thread won’t link back here)

You can link back to a pit thread. It was just the Trolls R Us threads we were asking people not to link back from.

That was a big reason for all the Pit thread renames. So the link back couldn’t be used to call a poster a troll or worse outside the pit.

I realize that I could link, but I just didn’t want to. On the off chance that it was a legitimate query, I didn’t want this pit thread following Honeybadger around like a mark of Caine.

Sounds good. I misunderstood.

He’s just trying to blow the doors off a conspiracy.

More like followed around by the remark of Caine, amirite? :grin:

He’s getting a second tattoo?

I can just see lines of morons marching up to board rockets for their free trip to Venus with its ham bushes and blanket trees.

Would you buy that for a quarter?

Well it’s fake news that Venus is a roasting hot pressure cooker.

The wise science-fiction writers of the early 20th century knew that all that CO2 would result in a lush, green planet; only slightly warmer than Earth, such that the women there need to be scantily-clad.

But big solar and whale-killing wind want to pretend CO2 is bad, and NASA is in on it!!!