Pizza with veggies, pizza with MEAT

XT, you just have a dysfunctional family. Most people ordering for groups do at least half pizzas with meat, and the rest a split between plain cheese and veggie.

Another thought for the OP:

The veggie crew are likely light eaters (especially since, as mentioned in the OP, they didn’t particularly care for pizza), and the meat crew are likely heavier eaters. Pizza checks are usually just split evenly. Could the veggie crew have balked at ordering more pizzas because they’d be paying for more and more pizzas that they wouldn’t be eating, and essentially subsidizing the meat eaters as they pig out?

I know I’ve been hesitant to get pizzas with a bunch of guys, because I tend to eat 1-2 slices while they are eating half a pizza or more a piece, and I end up pitching in $10 while actually consuming $2-$4 worth of food. This may be why they wanted to go to an individual-plate restaurant to begin with.

This makes sense - plus veggie pizza fans don’t always want the same thing. I’m not fond of onions on pizza, for instance, so if you can’t make people agree on a pizza then you get two veggie pizzas, and the meat eaters go “omg look at all this leftover veggie pizza!” when the problem was just people with small appetites and non-overlapping tastes.

I think it’s because of the number of people.
It’s 4 who want meat and 2 who want cheese.
If they each take one slice it makes a dent in the cheese.

If the whole gang is over it’s 16 people, 12 who want meat and 4 who want cheese. It never fails that the meat eaters will all say they want to try a slice without meat.

It’s been kind of a moot point lately though, my bil always springs for the pizza and he likes Little Ceasar.
There’s always lots left over of all flavors.

Here is my contribution to this incredibly important topic.

I work in a corporate environment where we frequently, like 3-4 times a month, have to feed somewhere between 5-20 people. Training workshops, if you must know. We have really good pizza place less than a block away in midtown Atlanta that we order from all the time. Even the pizza-snobby New Yorkers that come to class admit, it’s damn good pie!

Based on many months, here;s what we order to get the least amount of leftovers.

Beef and Mushroom 3-4 large pies
Pepperoni 3-4 pies
Deluxe 2-3 pies
Cheese 1-2
Veggie 1-2

If we have leftovers it will be either the veggie or the cheese. The Beef and Mushroom uses Angus ground beef and is orgasmically good.

It amazes me that people are so picky about pizza. I will eat any kind of pizza. I don’t care at all, especially if someone else is buying. I cannot think of a topping found at a typical pizza place that I wouldn’t go to town on.

You get a free thread. :slight_smile:

Wow, I thought I was the only person in the world who didn’t like olives. Black olives, green olives, even fancy schmancy Kalamata olived… yuk! Can’t stand 'em.

I love pizza and could eat it every day - if I could afford it and I had no aversion to weighing 400 lbs. However, I hate eating pizza with other people unless everyone gets their own individual pie / slices. I don’t want your nasty onions, olives, peppers ( all things I like - just not on pizza) and I don’t want to have a *King of Queens *style showdown over who gets the last piece. I’m a pretty small person but when it comes to pizza I can and will eat a lot of it. Get your own and let me do the same.

Same here. I kindly ask that meat eaters stick to the pizzas that they can eat and leave alone the only pizzas that us veggies can eat.

My brother-in-law shares your hatred of olives, but he’s the only person I know who does. :slight_smile:

Since veggie pizzas normally have peppers on them, they’re totally safe from me. :smiley:

When I was a starving student I had the same problem. Hung around an outdoor group that typically hit a Pizza Hut at the end of the day. Order a bunch of pizzas and everybody is getting 2 to 3 times what I get because I am a small guy, a slow eater and rarely eat much at any one time.

I finally had to just start ordering my own lassagna or spaghetti or other stuff. I don’t expect to split a meal down to the penny but when I was counting pennies I couldn’t afford to pay 2 to 3 times what I should have been paying to eat out.

And the fact that Pizza Hut cut pizzas in a way that some slices could be REALLY wide and others REALLY narrow didn’t help the lets divy this baby up fair delima.

Are pizzas really so expensive that everyone can’t buy their own? Everybody gets what they want, problem solved.

I remember just 6 or 7 years ago paying nearly $20 for a large. Now it seems I can get one for around $12 at the expensive places and $5 at the cheaper places.

I always just buy pepperoni and plain when buying for a group. I know they’re all going to get their own special gross topping pizzas within the week anyway, no reason to spoil my party with unbalanced pizza.

Never heard anyone say “Aw geez this pizza is so gross without [some shitty topping]!” No, people just eat it.

Nothing wrong with a well-made vegetarian pizza. Give me a pizza with peppers, black olives, mushrooms, and onions, and I’ll happily eat that. On the other hand, I’ll happily eat a pizza with pepperoni, sausage, capicola, and bacon too. Offer me both and I’ll eat both.

Only one circumstance have I seen the Meat left with left overs, while veggie was gone, and that was at the place I used to work, on their pizza Fridays. the idiot in charge would order like 30 pizzas. 2 all meat , which went like crazy, 2 meat n 'shrooms, which went next, and like 10 other meat pizzas, that all had goddamn Pineapple. The most unpickoffable thing, in pizzadom. The three freaks who like cloying sweet pizza took a couple slices, and everybody else sadly went veggie and then cheese, leaving 9.25 leftover pizzas, with pineapple.

And then she would complain that everybody said they wanted more meat pizzas, and nobody ate them. We said meat pizza dumbass, not meat n candy pizza.

Are we related? I can’t say I care much for olives of any variety. yuck.

I’m actually surprised. Olives, in my experience, are never a safe ingredient for pizza, as there are usually a number in the crowd who don’t like them. I’d consider it a fairly commonly disliked food, so much so that when I cook for company, I ask if they like olives. Same goes with capers.

I’ve never been in to the whole food sharing thing, I don’t really see the point of it because you always get the greedy taking more then their fair share, and general unsatisfaction all round because each individual couldn’t order what they wanted to in the first place.

I can understand it maybe with unusual and exotic dishes from different parts of the world , but pizza ?

Whats the point ?