Help plan my wedding!!
So I am looking for creative ideas on weddings. My fiancé and I are planning on getting married next summer since that is our down time for work, and I don’t want to do the standard wedding fare. I am looking to be a little bit different.
Here are the stipulations and random bits of information.
- We are planning on about 50 guests.
- We are not rich but my fiancé’s family has offered money, and that in combination with our savings we can afford something decent without going into debt.
- I refuse to spend hundreds of dollars on a dress I will wear once, even though my Mother has offered to buy it, I just can’t do it.
- Fiancé does not want to spend a huge amount on a wedding (and me too)
- Both of our families will be traveling, some from across the country so I feel the need to feed them a proper dinner.
- Our house is in no way big enough to host such an event.
- We both work in theatre and can get free use of lighting and sound gear and folks to run it free of charge
- We don’t want to get married in a theatre (would you want to get married in your office)
- We are not religious so a church is not necessary.
- Our families can drink, oh my can they drink……
- Our busiest time for work is Sept-June so planning a wedding in the off season would be crazy.
So I guess what I am asking is, what have you enjoyed from weddings that you have gone too?
What was good or bad about yours?
What did you want to do but couldn’t?
I want to get married at the zoo and the whole thing is reasonable except for the wine costs, I am having issues with spending more on the wine than the food. Is that unreasonable?