Please explain Lauren Boebert

Do lobbyists need to be canny? Presumably lobbying firms utilize people with a range of skills. I’m not sure where Boebert would be slotted in though. Boebert is a member of the Committee on Resources, so maybe a lead or asbestos mining firm might show interest. Well not really: they would want a low profile person.

Bing chat didn’t help because “career possibilities for stupid congressional representatives” contains a derogatory term in reference to an elected official. But I was able to locate a 2008 list of the dumbest members of congress. It’s from Mother Jones, so it’s mostly Republicans. But it should work for the purposes of measuring career prospects. I’ve eliminated Senators from the list.

Ok, here’s the exercise, but it’s inconclusive: all of the below have left congress, but none had as thin a resume as Boebert had when they entered office. Consider it a failed experiment:

9. Representative Patrick Kennedy (D-RI)
7. Representative Cynthia McKinney (D-GA)
6. Representative Jean Schmidt (R-OH)
4. Representative J.D. Hayworth (R-AZ)
2. Representative Donald Young (R-AK)
1. Representative Katherine Harris (R-FL)

Harris went to Harvard: set her aside. Don Young is deceased, but served Alaska for 49 years. Hayworth served on the Way and Means committee and was a former sportscaster: he spent some time in broadcasting. Jean Schmidt ran for state office and won. Huh. Cynthia McKinney ran for President as part of the Green Party in 2008. Do you think the Greens would consider nominating Boebert? Kennedy runs a not for profit mental health advocacy group.