Please explain this homoerotic MasterCard ad...

there’s a reason why they wear relatively tight uniforms. if they wear loose clothes, it would be a lot easy to grab and tackle them. and some of the guys are just plain fat. i doubt guys like the raiders’ ted washington could find baggy clothes.

i just woder why guys grow dreads. edgerrin james chopped his off last year because he was getting pulled down by his hair, which again, is completely legal.

Snickers is correct. It’s actually funny if you recognize the two other guys (Strahan and Urlacher) as defensive players on other teams.

Paraphrasing the dialogue:

Spend time with the people who are there when you’re down.

Relax with the people who impact you the most.

Etc.

I’ve played a lot of team sport with straight men. Arousal really isn’t an issue. You tend to think of them as simply team mates, not as potential shags. Same as most straight men think of their sisters and other female family members.

Also, many gay men are quite used to seeing men in various states of undress, since we’ve used communal gym showers and change rooms for years. Straight men would probably find it quite the novelty to be surrounded by nubile, naked and sopping wet women, but the reverse isn’t true for this gay man at least.

That is a great way to put it. I’d leave off the “most” so as not to alienate people, and the “other female family members” isn’t ideal, as who doesn’t have a hot cousin?

But if you describe a gay man in the locker room with his teammates as similar to sharing a bathroom with your sister, that drives the point home quite nicely. Until reading your post, I always felt it was inappropriate for gay men to be in the locker room, but now I have reasonable doubt as to the validity of that feeling.

I’ve read the boards long enough to know (and by logic it follows as well) that it’s less of a big deal to just be around MOTSS than for me to be around attractive MOTOS. But I wouldn’t think that would be the case once you threw in physical contact…but I didn’t think of the injury protection issue which would render that moot.