Please help me understand a Minecraft game and mods

Hi all,

The Piper Cub has seen videos about a version of Minecraft on the Net called 9Minecraft. It’s not an app, but rather on the Net via Safari. It appears to have different mods that can be added on.

He would like to play it, but we’ve not been able to find a way to get to the game itself. We’ve found links to the mods for 9Minecraft, but not the basic game.

Can anyone help me understand this game?

Thanks!

I suspect what he has seen is videos of people downloading or using mods they got from the 9minecraft website on their regular copy of minecraft. I would strongly recommend not using that website as it is somewhat notorious for serving up viruses and when you do get a real jar file, it’s often not the version it says it is.

If Piper Cub is interested in modded minecraft and he already has a copy of minecraft, I would recommend getting a launcher like Feed the Beast and using that to download and install modpacks, which are collections of mods that someone has selected to create a unique and memorable gameplay experience. You’re far less likely to get a virus from a modpack on a launcher and the launcher handles most of the nitty gritty of setting up the modded minecraft game.

What Stickler said

Thank you for the warnings. That confirmed my own instinctive reaction.

Had to have a heart-to-heart with the Cub about bad people who make viruses to hurt other peoples’ computers. He was crushed.