Poe spotting

Poe’s Law (borrowed from Wikipedia, and shorn of partisanship): without a clear indication of the author’s intent, it is difficult or impossible to tell the difference between sincere extremism and an exaggerated parody of extremism

Poe: someone whose posts you can’t categorize as parody or extremism because they could be either
I’ll admit that I’m finding it harder and harder to know when I’m reading the words of a nut or the words of a parodist. Today, in a long comment thread on World Net Daily, I found the best example of a Poe I think I’ve ever seen. To give some context, this poster had made a couple dozen posts already, which I had already swallowed as being reactionary right-wing. But this steps it up a notch. Behold:

“Maybe we should march on the campus of the electoral college and occupy it until they change their vote. Those stupid leftists won’t know what to do when true Americans use their God given rights in the constitution to support the country for a change instead of trying to redistribute the wealth.”

I defy you to top that.