POLL: Do you still carry your CDC COVID vaccination card?

I’m a card-carrying vaxxer.

Beware my fearsome shower of spike proteins, mortals!

Here in Canada we never had a “card”, but with each new vaccination you were emailed an electronic document that verified all your COVID vaccinations, and that you could print or keep electronically, and that anyone concerned about your vax status could scan and verify. I never bothered doing anything more than printing the latest copy and shoving it in a desk drawer. I never carried it or needed to show it anyone.

My covid vaccination papers are still in the glove box of my truck. Does that count?

You can be readily detected by the tremendous magnetic flux induced by the vaccines. If you’ve actually had multiple vaccinations, you now exude magnetic field lines sufficiently powerful to make even the steel girders of skyscrapers tremble and flex when you approach.

As previously mentioned, the only person who ever asked me to see the card was the person giving me a vaccine dose. But I’m not a traveler, (why the hell is traveller with 2 Ls an incorrect spelling?? God damn you, English language!) and haven’t been in a situation where it was demanded, so I never carried it with me. I still have it, and can produce it with a little notice should I have to.

I stuck it in my wallet and there it will stay.

American English is one L, British English is two L’s. I don’t know why the British spell English words wrong.

It’s optional in China to get the physical card. You have to find a place to print it. The vaccination status is part of the COVID-19 tracking app. The only reason anyone would print the thing is for traveling out of the country to a destination which requires a physical card. So I voted yes.

I’m a cross-border vaxxer. I had my first two shots in Canada, a booster in the US before they were available here for my cohort, and a Canadian Bivalent BA4/5 shot. As a result, I do have a CDC card with my one US shot on it.

As @wolfpup mentioned up thread, in Canada we have “computers” that record everything in a “database” that provides an updated electronic version of the card with each shot. I was even able to upload my CDC card and have it electronically merged with my other records so they all appear together. We don’t need no steenkin’ cards.

Dang it. I wish we had them “computer and database” thangs here in the US. I never had to use my dang card for anything. I did get in trouble at work for not wearing a mask in the office (with my office door shut).

I don’t know, either. But the British have been spelling words wrong since at least the Norman Conquest of 1066, long before the first colonials established Jamestown in the New World in 1607. The new colonists continued spelling words wrong for a further two centuries, perpetuating a thousand years of misspelling, until finally Noah Webster suddenly realized that they were doing it all wrong, and set them straight in 1828 with his new American Dictionary. Unfortunately, Canadians and the rest of the English-speaking world never got the memo, and to this day continue to spell words wrong.

I kept forgetting to take my previous card with me so I have 4 separate cards now. I don’t carry any of them. I have a photo of the array of them on my phone.

Remember, that it depends on the province. Here in Alberta, we had paperwork; then we had online cards (which could be printed), then Alberta went to QR codes on your phone; for which, you never received an e-mail notification after a vax, and it was up to you to update yourself. And the code couldn’t be understood by scanners in other provinces if they didn’t have access to Alberta’s databases.

But in Canada, we never had a federal agency, like the American CDC, issuing a standardized and countrywide card. I wish we had, since it would have made travelling to other provinces so much easier. I always carried my two pages of paperwork, just in case.

No, I have too much stuff in my wallet as it is. I don’t carry it unless I know I might need it, but I do have it in a safe place where I can locate it immediately. The last time I had to show it was at the 2022 Christmas party of my former employer. (I’m retired.) I don’t even need to show it when I go for blood tests and medical exams.

I’m honestly not sure where my card is right now. I never carried it. I don’t recall any place I ever went asking for it. I didn’t even show it to my employer, I just signed the attestation they provided that I had gotten the shot.

The British also don’t know how to pronounce English words - they forgot how to say the letter ‘r’ at the end of a word. And what’s up with aluminium? It’s like they think they invented the language.

We traveled to St Martin after Omicron cleared out. The government there required us to purchase insurance specifically to cover COVID. They also checked our vaccination records closely at the airport. No vaccine proof? Go home!

Then, at the end of our visit we had to get tested. A positive test would mean we couldn’t enter the airport. It was a little scary.

I got the vax but since I live in Texas there was never a need to carry it because none of the idiots here give a shit.

I only carried the physical card when traveling to another country. I have several apps (at least two, maybe four?) that show my vaccination status, plus the pictures of the card (front and back), so I basically never needed to show the physical card in the US.

I don’t carry it, and don’t recall it ever coming up; the only thing that comes close is when I donate blood — which is when they ask whether I’ve been vaccinated, and then they, uh, listen, is all?