POLL: How was your vaccine reaction?

First Pfizer shot 2 weeks ago. Sore arm, but that arm always hurts after Shingrex shots 2 years ago.
For the first 3 days I had terrible stomach cramps, that came and went randomly. Eating or sleeping did nothing to stop the pain.
Fine now, actually really happy that my 2nd shot is next week. Hopefully the pain won’t be as bad, but if so it’s worth it just to know that I’m vaccinated! :slight_smile:

ETA: looked online, doesn’t seem like others have reported this particular side effect

I just emailed my doctor to say i think that was a side effect. I had annoying cramping of the rectum, and my stomach was extremely slow to empty, i think because of an issue with the sphincter at it’s base.

At the time i assumed it was unrelated, and planned to talk to my doctor about the stomach issue after I’d been fully vaccinated. But it cleared up on its own, and due to the timing, i now wonder if it might have been from the Pfizer vaccine.

Of course, it might have just been a coincidence of timing.

Excited to be getting my second dose on Thursday!

I still feel a wee bit of mental ‘fog’. A few times during the day, I find it harder to concentrate and focus. I guess alcohol the night before doesn’t help either - it’s been a while since I’ve had a good booze bender but the last two weekends, it’s like my tolerance has gone way down. I felt a little dehydrated last weekend - might not be drinking enough water. It could be just poor sleep. But the timing coincides with my second shot.

I had J&J several days ago and I’m having an extremely rough time, but I’m almost certain it wasn’t the vaccine. I caught a bug two weeks ago (which is a mystery itself when I barely leave the house and always mask up and wash hands a lot). My cycle is irregular and weird so I was having some of that. So when I felt sick after my shot, I was feeling not 100% before it and didn’t know what it was. My kid got sick too. Seasonal allergies? The bug I had? I don’t know if I have some unholy perfect storm of ordinary things or if it’s the vaccine. (Headache, some stomach issues, dizziness, nausea, fatigue). It’s been two weeks now that I have felt sick and I’m so done. And I don’t want to call my doc and be like “I’m not sick but I feel icky.” Yet, at least.

J&J vaccine. Within 5 minutes I had the distinct aftertaste of caramel only less sweet. Felt nothing until hour 12 and then all my joints were inflamed. had to call in sick because it kept me up all night. Gone in 24 hrs.

the joint inflammation is consistent with my reaction to flu shots which is why I wasn’t too excited about getting it.

Pfizer vaccine here. First shot, arm hurt that night and I had a little fever. Went to bed and woke feeling fine, except a little arm pain. Second shot this week, arm hurt the next day but nothing else. I hardly felt the shot at all. (I felt a bit tired and brain-foggy, but I can’t blame the vaccine, I pretty much feel that way all. the. time. anyway). I looked online and found a drugstore a mile away was giving out vaccine shots, so I grabbed the first time slot available. Had been putting it off because I really didn’t want to go park downtown or at the fairgrounds and totter around alone before and after, but nearby drugstore, no problem. After the first shot, I did errands, washed the car, and went home prepared for anything. But not much happened.

When I got my 1st shot of moderna, I had pain in the area I got the injection, like I had been punched in the arm. That was it though, the pain wasn’t in my entire arm like with some people. No other symptoms.

The 2nd shot is worse from what I’ve heard. Hopefully I dont get flu like symptoms from that

I’m now day 8 post vaccine, and I still feel awful. It’s 70 in my home office and I’m bundled up with chills, brr. I can’t decide if it’s the vaccine or I picked up a bad cold, or a mild covid. And my immune system is too busy make mRNA T-cells to be bothered with making me actually feel better.

I had my first Moderna vaccination Friday. I voted ‘Sore at vaccination point’, but I don’t even notice it unless I press on it; and then it’s not very sore. My second shingles shot was much worse, waking me up when I rolled onto my left side, and wiping me out for all of the following day.

With barely perceivable soreness, I hope the Moderna shot is working.

I got the J&J vaccine Thursday afternoon. I fully expected to have to take some time off of work on Friday but I felt fine all day except my arm was still sore from where I got the shot.

1st shot, moderately sore arm.

2nd shot, flu like symptoms a half day.

I had my 2nd shot of Moderna this last Wednesday. I taught a 7:30 to 10:30 lab section the next day and was fine, but my back was “tired” like it didn’t want me to be standing anymore. I had pre-cancelled the rest of my classes and labs for the day. (I would have cancelled the morning one, but it’s one of three sections and I hate having labs off by a week.)
I went home and napped for 2 hours. I woke up fine but hit another wall after 3 hours and laid down for another 30 minutes. I’d go from fine’ to being so tired my eyes would water and I’d have uncontrollable yawns. The second day I was fine.

I got my first Astrazeneca shot 10 days ago. My arm was sore for about 3 days afterwards. Not so sore that I couldn’t use my arm.

Both Pfizer shots: sore arm for a day. Possibly a bit of fatigue after the first shot, but then I normally fall asleep on the couch within minutes of starting to watch Netflix, so it’s hard to say whether the vaccine was related.

I got my first Moderna shot on 4/9. Because I’ve experienced allergies to things in the past (but not vaccinations), they had me sit in recovery for 30 minutes instead of the usual 15. Perhaps because I was playing around on my phone, and didn’t have great posture, I experienced some neck soreness by the end of that time. I mentioned it to the person in charge, and she asked me if I wanted to see a nurse, and I said, “Nah.”

Later in the day I started to experience some injection-site soreness, like someone had punched me in the arm, really hard. I asked the pharmacist if it was safe to take medication for it. I took a couple of Tylenol 8 hours after the injection, and felt better. Took some more the following day.

It’s now three days after the vaccination, and I’m experiencing no side-effects.

Got our 2nd Pfizer shot yesterday, and I feel like crap, so I guess it’s working, right? Feverish, achy, tired. My wife feels fine, though.

I had the Pfizer, with no major symptoms other than soreness/stiffness in my arm for a few days. I took Tylenol after getting the second dose and pretty much stayed on that for a day or so (due to lady issues), so I think that may have taken care of any side effects.

From what I’ve read, older people are less likely to have a reaction after the second shot because our immune systems aren’t as hearty. This is borne out among my family and friends: people over 60 or so have had little or no reaction, while younger people felt like crap.

It’d have been interesting if there’d been an age question in the poll.

I get my 2nd Moderna on Friday.

My mom, who is 78, was miserable and feverish for several days after the 2nd shot.

She also got “Covid arm” – swelling pain and redness – from the first shot.

Not that it proves anything either way. Just an example of strong side effects in an older person.

I’m curious with these mRNA vaccines if there is some variance based on the mRNA going beyond just the local arm muscle cells? Can it get into the bloodstream? Can it wind up moving into other body parts, one way or another?

I got Pfizer x 2. A little soreness both times for a day or so, a little fatigue after the second. If we end up getting boosters on a regular basis and they’re no worse than that, great!