Poll:Women with erect nipples visible under clothes: sexy/embarrassing/unprofessional/ no big deal?

I live in Minnesota. Niplets are de rigueur.

Someone here once linked to a scanned magazine ad from the '70s, advertising a sort of nipple insert women could put into their bras. Not a nipple covering insert mind you, it was designed to allow women who preferred to wear bras to mimic that hip and trendy “I’m not wearing a bra” look!

There are bras that are not the heavy, size-increasing old-fahsioned padded bras that work for a lot of women; they have smooth cups of light-weight foam. If the foam is thicker than your nipple, they work okay.

[I have one in which the cups have a very discreet ‘fake’ nipple in the foam - a very slight mound in the center of the cup. One of the few bras I have that fits, and I still can’t wear it under a silk blouse.]

Same. And I’ve never had a child.

I wear a suit at work (and I don’t wear silky fabrics because they’re too hard to care for) so it really doesn’t matter. But short of wearing a bra that’s armored like a sherman tank, they show.

All I know is that I paid a lot of attention to this as a youngster, and very rarely did this happen with anyone who was just not familiar enough to know how to hide them, i.e. the girls in my class and younger. The exception was a teacher in my English class in ninth grade and this person who owned a bookshope. Both of them came off as ex-hippies.

I understand in theory that some people can’t help it, but I’ve personally never experienced it. But I’ll admit your breasts are no longer the first place I look. Chances are I won’t notice in a professional setting, as I’ll be too busy working.

I’ll also point out for every one else that a male errection is considered even more horrible as it is larger, so it’s not a misogynistic thing. During my younger years, when it was happening a lot outside my control, I specifically shoppped for pants and underwear that would hide it. And while I personally avoided looking down there in others, it wouldn’t surprise me if other guys did this, too.

Didn’t read every response, and didn’t like the limited choices. Straight male here, who looks.

Nipples started to disappear about 5-10 years ago. Before that, many women wore bras that were of thinner material, and you couldn’t help it if you got hit by a cold draft. Involuntary response.

In comes the bras of today, which, at the time, I found unflattering. Padded, but not like the old time padded bras of the 1950s-60s. Now, almost everyone wears them. Very functional.

Well, I like the nipple look and find it very attractive. In a professional context, as long as one isn’t dressing to show off the perky headlights (ex. thin white silk shirt with no bra) thenI think it’s fine.

For some context, I’m don’t think that leading with cleavage is professional yet there are plenty of women that do this. well, if you want to deliberately lead with cleavage in a sales role catering to men that will respond, that’s your decision. As a manager, I have had to have some very embarrassing conversations with more than one woman that worked for me on this topic after being thoroughly coached by HR on what and how I could say it. I think perky nipples falls in kinda the same category as cleavage, don’t flaunt them and it’s professional.

I don’t think leading with cleavage is professional either.

Here’s the thing: in my line of work (civil engineering), women are still not seen as being as competent as men (IMO), although that is changing. When I am in the work environment, it’s very important to me to be taken seriously. I just don’t think that’s possible if I’m shoving my boobs all up in people’s faces, whether it’s nipplage or cleavage.

It isn’t that there is anything wrong with boobs, it’s just that there is a time and place for me to be wanting others to think about them, and a time and place when I don’t want them thinking about them.

I have sweater bumpers. I wear them proudly in the right circumstances. I’d never let my nips show at other times.

I’ve seen a lot of men in workplaces dress in such a way that their nipples are clearly visible under shirts. If it’s unprofessional for women, it’s unprofessional for men. And as a gay man, it can certainly be distracting depending on the guy who is nippling.

If nipples are an issue, they’re an issue for the viewer and not the nippler.

In the workplace, I don’t consider it unprofessional; it just happens. I enjoy it when it happens to someone I find attractive.

In college, I was friends with a girl who was perma-nipped. She always seemed to have her high beams on, but what made it even hotter was she always dressed rather conservatively. One breezy fall day we were walking to class together and I couldn’t concentrate on our conversation because I was amazed to see that although she was wearing a shirt with a wool sweater over it, I could still see the bumps of her nipples. Holy shit, I thought, those things must be like bullets. Then we started dating and I found out first hand. Then I married her.

Fast forward about 25 years… last week she was standing in the kitchen wearing a t-shirt and fleece zip-up, and her erect nipples were still visible through those layers, including her foam-lined bra. Yeah, I’m a fan.

This exactly. In fact get out of my head.
And apparently my bra

Now I’m laughing as I envision breasts with a cork on each nipple.

It’s all fun and games until somebody loses an eye!

I voted no big deal, because nipples are a part of the human body. If a person is clothed in a professional setting but her nipples show, what’s she supposed to do? This has happened to me, and I just shrug and say, “Oh well.” I wear a bra and clothes over the bra, and if my nipples show sometimes, that is truly no big deal.

Me too. I didn’t think it was really that big a deal! I have fairly large breasts and hate to think I’m expected to wear a padded bra, which is the last thing I need and which will make my shirts tighter.

Free the nipples!

The padding I need to keep 90% of peekage in check is probably less than 1/8th of an inch thick and given the size of my chest, really doesn’t add significantly to my boobage. I don’t wear my work shirts tight enough for a bra to make them significantly tighter. We aren’t talking push up or enhancement levels of padding, but a little smoothing layer.

As a nursing mom, they are utterly unavoidable. I’m wearing a thin-padded bra, the same ones that used to work to conceal erect nipples just fine, plus a nursing pad (five layers thick, says the ad copy) for any accidental milk let-down, and you can still see them from a mile away.

Male person here. I have erectile parts as mentioned above. I don’t generally spend my entire workday with things in that state but it can occasionally happen. I don’t seek out and purchase special garments that would make such condition less noticeable and I would consider it to be “no big deal” (hmm maybe not the ideal word choice actually but you know what I mean) were it to happen. If, on the other hand, for some strange reason, my bod were such that I were always kind of pointy and distended, I’d probably rethink the usefulness of special garments, were such things available.

As for females and their impact on me, I’m used to your visual distractingness. Y’all can’t be expected to come to work wearing chadors or gunnysacks and you do tend to have shapes and to be in possession of girlparts that are visually ascertainable as such, and the occasional addition of prominent little bumps there doesn’t really worsen (or better) that experience. Female ≠ unprofessional, breastacularly pointy or otherwise.

I support this movement.

So to speak.