Post-Bonnie TallyDopeFest

Thanks to the Bonnie-Bust, I have discovered that there are quite a few TallyDopers. I suggest we have a DopeFest. A lunch were we all have to sit around without drinking or a fun time in the early evening with libations galore (can you guess which I prefer? :wink: )? I’m available pretty much anytime with enough notice.

Most of my apartment complex is empty.
Let’s get together and trash it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I doubt it will be after this week. Dorms open on Saturday. There goes the quick drive into work.

So I take it you cut down Chapel, too. :wink:

Not anymore thank God! :stuck_out_tongue:
No, I actually live out in Killearn and work downtown. For reasons passing my understanding, Thomasville Rd starts clogging up as soon as the students get back in town. No one has ever been able to come up with a rational explanation for it, but damned if it doesn’t happen every year.

My apartment complex is like a desert. Funny thing is I don’t recall seeing a single person move. Odd. They must have done it when I wasn’t looking.

Killearn is a nice area, I sold advertising this summer for an internship, and I had to go up and down Thomasville Rd. harrassing businesses to buy. It was for a publication that will be going out to FSU students in the fall. Surprisingly, I had a lot of success out in that area of town. More than closer to campus.

I think we Tally Dopers should get together. We could also include those that are within a 100 mile radius as well. I honestly did not realize there were so many of us! But yes, we have to plan well. With school starting soon, Tallahassee will become a madhouse. I learned my lesson from last year: Get everything I need from Wal-mart, Target, etc. at least 2 weeks before school starts.

Anytime would be good.

Standing by for details!

What’s everyone up to this weekend? Anyone know of any nice, quiet non-college student populated pubs? I could go for an evening of nice chat and a beer or two.

Today we learned that Mrs. fishbicycle has to work most of Saturday, so that’s probably out for us. We don’t have any plans for Sunday yet.

As for a quiet bar, is there such a thing? I haven’t been inside one where I wasn’t the evening’s entertaiment, for 20 years.

Hmmm…quiet non-student pubs/bars - not on the west side of town! :smiley:

I’m fairly fond of Tia’s on Cap. Circle near TCH. It’s a restaurant, but with a great bar (including a nice outside bar and deck for those of us that are still social outcasts).

Rose & Thorn/Charlie’s - out Mahan - pretty good, done a little on the cheap, but reasonably comfortable.

Buffalo’s - over near Market Square - great food (and they have trivia), they’re also working on an outside bar.

Pocket’s - not “non-student”, but still large enough to be comfortable - might be more centrally located.

And obviously scads of your usual corporate fern-bar type places. I know the GM at TGI Friday’s pretty well and he could probably assist in putting something together.

Hmmm…I could do something evening on Sunday or anytime on Saturday.

Pockets, I hateses pocketesses, my precious.

Snookers!
In the early evenings it’s mostly just the old hustlers on the far side of the bar.
High ceilings, so the smoke isn’t nearly as bad…and the waitresses?
They actually wait on people! :wink:

Moot point though.
I’m going to have to miss out; I’m going to the doc. around 3:30 and will probably be out of commission for the rest of the weekend. :frowning:

Take pics though!

Buffalo’s on Market street is good news. They bought an ad from me. :slight_smile:

Either way, Sunday evening would be best for me as I am having to travel back to Tallahassee. Also, I am a student at FSU. However, I like to think I’m not the typical stereotype of an FSU student. Hope I’m still invited!

Should we find a way to post pics on here so that when we DO meet we can know who’s who when walking into a restaurant? Or is that taking away from the fun? I know some people are up on the Teeming Millions website, but any others? I don’t have a way right now to show a picture, but I’ll think of something. Just a thought.

Okay, two votes for Buffalo’s, one for Snookers.

Here’s the list of potential attendees (as far as I can tell):
Jimmy Chitwood
harmless
LilCutie
Skoper
Zakalwe
Susie Derskins
XJETGIRLX
Dogzilla
fishbicycle
Shaolinrabbit
Monstre

How about Buffalo’s at 7p on Sunday night? If everyone approves, I’ll set things up with the bar.

Mrs. Fishbicycle is in for Sunday at 7 at Buffalo’s, if everyone else is.

Buffalo’s at 7p on Sunday night.

Potential Attendees:
Jimmy Chitwood
harmless - probably not
LilCutie
Skoper
Zakalwe - in (2 attending)
Susie Derskins
XJETGIRLX
Dogzilla
fishbicycle - in (2 attending)
Shaolinrabbit
Monstre

Buffalo’s at 7? I think that sounds fabulous. Do they have an outdoor patio area?

Also, should we ask for the Cecil Adams party when we arrive, or just wander around looking lost?

Buffalo’s at 7 sounds good here!

Sorry for the delay. My other life interfered for a while.

Okay:

Buffalo’s at 7p on Sunday night.

Potential Attendees:
Jimmy Chitwood
harmless - probably not, but we can hope!
LilCutie - in
Skoper
Zakalwe - in (2 attending)
Susie Derskins
XJETGIRLX - in
Dogzilla
fishbicycle - in (2 attending)
Shaolinrabbit
Monstre

Anybody know how to get hold of the others?

Hmmm…as to how we link up. I’ll need to see who’s working, but failing all else go in the bar and ask for Pete. They’ll point me out.

XJETGIRLX, yes they do have an outside patio area, but they’re working on an outside bar and the last I heard construction was supposed to start this weekend. They’ll probably still have some tables set up though.

All righty. I have email addresses for Jimmy, Shaolin, and Dogzilla.

harmless, can you get in touch with your sister and let her know about it?

If anyone knows how to get in touch with Monstre, please do!

See everyone there!

She’s informed. :slight_smile:

We’re discussing it IM right now (She’s working for me because she’s the best sissy in the world, yes she is! :stuck_out_tongue: )
We’re trying to find Buffalo’s on a map.
Anyone have driving directions for coming from Monroe and Tennessee?