Poster Frame Question

I feel dumb for even asking this, but here goes. I have a poster frame that needs hanging but can’t figure out how to do it. On the back of the frame is a metal…clip thing. It doesn’t stick out or anything, it’s pressed flat against the cardboard-stuff on the back of the frame. Yet somehow I feel that this is important to the whole hanging enterprise. So how do I get the thing on my wall? And the sticky stuff is out. They’d rather we knock holes in the wall than get sticky stuff on it.

Assuming the metal thing has grooves or teeth on it, like this:

_/////_

Then you just put a nail in the wall and hang it with one of the grooves on the nail. Putting it on the middle groove should work best, unless the clip on your frame is off center.

If it is the thin sheet metal “hour glass” clips with a whole in the middle of one end just bend the metal out a little to hook onto a nail.

Thanks guys. I’d be embarassed to tell you how long I’ve let the darn thing sit on the floor because I couldn’t figure out what to do with it.

It was the hourglass one, by the way. Dug in a screwdriver and it popped right out…

The best way to hang a poster is to buy two metal hangers from a framing or art store that fit
into the channels of the vertical sides of the frame and connect them with braided
picture framing cable. Then hang them on two nails or preferably two
“J” shaped hangers. The ‘sawtooth’ hanger fatdave mentions can be
risky if the piece is heavy or very wide because the weight is concentrated
on that one point at the top. The two nails method distributes the weight
evenly and also eliminates any tilting (no need to straighten your pictures
every week). A cheap alternative is to drill a hole in each vertical side and
thread the cable through the hole. Use braided cable, not regular wire or
fishing line or anything that can break castastrophically.