Can I complain that the first “i” is capitalized?
(I guess I just did.)
Can I complain that the first “i” is capitalized?
(I guess I just did.)
Even that is a board software issue I believe. It can be hard to make it lower case I think. But let me see if I can fix it.
Nope, board software issue, would need to add a special character to fix it.
Perhaps we should pit the software? Just sayin’
On a board where people complain about most spelling and grammar mistakes, you want to pit the software for preventing the first word of thread titles not being capitalized.
I mean we do have the option in these cases to make the thread Poster iiandyiiii is pitted. Hell, I’ll make the tweak to that.
This has been an extremely entertaining thread. Thanks everyone!
If we’re going to be pedantic, since it’s a proper noun that happens to not be capitalized, it was titled appropriately.
I guess that tweak will satisfy everyone.
Also I always thought of those as lower case Roman numerals, not true is.
But 4 i’s isn’t normally correct. It was seen occasionally, but properly IV not iiii or even IIII.
Yeah I never counted them until now.
Maybe upside-down exclamation points?
Just a suggestion … no need to comply. Carry on.
They originated as my teenage representation of Roman columns (they were originally capital I’s, with serifs), back on AOL in the early 90s.
In my opinion, names should be exempt from such rules. Also in my opinion, my opinions are true and righteous and should not be questioned.
Anyway, all is now right and well with the world. Thanks, WE.
I was sort of right!
I knew they weren’t "i"s. I just knew it.
As some of you have perhaps noticed, I refuse to capitalize the surname of our current criminal regime’s ringleader. Neither do I use his title.
Which often leads me to reworking a sentence to inject a capitalizable leading word ahead of that name just as WE has injected “Poster” into this thread’s title.
I’ve been doing that in my head* for years.
*And sometimes in actual posts.
Yep, I don’t capitalize anyone I think is unworthy. Him being the most unworthy. Takes a bit of backspacing etc. but I find it well worth the effort.
Honestly, the first title was pretty silly and weak. What was it? Something like “iiandyiiii is not a very good person”?
That’s not a dig at the moderation, it’s a dig at the original title.
I don’t mind the criticism of the changed thread title. I went out of my way to make it as anodyne as possible, just to avoid the appearance of editorializing.
(Now hang on while I google “anodyne” to make sure I used it correctly.)
Before using anodyne, tell your doctor if you have gaps in your vocabulary.
This is the sort of post that makes me wish we had a “Like” feature.
Mods, my comment was not intended as a criticism of your titling talents. If anything, I’m digging at the OP for their sound and fury signifying nothing.