Poster iiandyiiii is pitted

I thought Columbus, OH. Ohio, Ohippo, etc.

Of course What_Exit would have to confirm, but I think they might have been referring to the wild Hippos in Colombia, as opposed to the ones in Africa, so they might like enjoy different foods. Hippos are not native to Colombia, of course, but a certain drug lord had some shipped there and once he…er…passed away, they got loose and now are actually quite a problem.

//i\\

I really couldn’t stand olives, but … then … as fate would have it … I found myself be-bopping around Portugal, and was bound and determined to eat them every chance I got (which, in Portugal, is always and everywhere) until I learned to love them.

Took about two weeks. Left me with an indelible, nearly insatiable, love for the damned things.

Dammit @iiandyiiii! This is your thread. Since you’re in charge, can you puuhleeze put a halt to the snippet-quote tit-for-tat between the two usual suspects?

Maybe they should both just calm down. Whadayasay?

:zany_face:

Sometimes the Pit needs deodorant.

Yes, I was referring to the invasive Hippos of South America, now estimated to number around 200. They’ve bred over 40+ years from just 4.

[munching popcorn]…

Oops! I left out the part about that being a modest proposal. We’ll see …

I haven’t been to the zoo in Columbia, SC since I was a small child but looking tells me apparently no hippos. Also tells me that my memory of penguins is correct.

Albuquerque has hippos, including a new calf born last year.

You try saying “Albuquerque Hippopotamus” three times fast. Without grinning. Harder than it sounds. :zany_face:

This sounds like the title to a children’s song.

Albuquerque has hippos
Tuscaloosa has Appaloosas
But does Walla Walla have Wallabies?

I just wanted to chime in and say @iiandyiiii and @MrDibble are both posters I appreciate.

They did very briefly have a baseball team named “Wallabies”.

In the three-game series against the Wenatchee AppleSox on the weekend of July 6, the Sweets took the field in some alternate reality Walla Walla Wallabies uniforms. Many fans may not know that “Wallabies” was very close to being the team name of the Sweets’ franchise before wiser heads prevailed in selecting a more suitable name. Nonetheless, fans got the chance to see ‘what could have been’ had the Sweets been the Wallabies as the players took to the field in their deep blue uniforms and Wallabies’ hats.

Me too! Both of them can get real mad and real insulting, but I never feel condescended to by either.

I was saying boo-urns

Thanks, both of you.

My thanks as well!

Same here, they tell the unvarnished truth imho.

Agreed.
Just today, MrDibble taught me the unvarnished truth about “glacial periods” vs. “ice ages.” :slight_smile: