Praise The Lord™, I am free.

It was a little like being held captive in a lecture, but no, it was not a lecture of any ‘official’ nature. I was working alone with the guy all day. What’s scary is he is exactly the kind of guy that would put on the kind of scam you are describing if it would occur to him. He’s already scammed people out of money for martial arts classes, for example. Even if I weren’t already aware of the scams his overwhelming need to make sure everyone knows he’s a Christian that LOVES GOD (ad nauseum) would make me incredibly suspect.

Incidentally, when I arrived home yesterday there was a 60 page “The Gospel of Jesus Christ According to John & Romans” pamphlet stuffed in my door, courtesy of a local church. The same church where the minister was arrested for sexual abuse of children. His anti-women son-in-law is the new pastor. It’s like I’m being stalked by Jesus. :frowning:

Oh. When you said “Praise The Lord™,” I thought maybe you were talking about the program on the Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN). I grew up watching that drivel.

I apologize for the lack of clarity - “The Lord” was the TM part, and I used it that way because it seemed less like a genuine spiritual expression and more like a tool used to bludgeon me into a false sense of security and overwhelm me with admiration and respect that he then wasn’t required to earn. I think I was supposed to be twitterpated.

Didn’t work :wink: