Pray for Mojo - SDMB Poketroplis 2nd Quarter, 2006

Those Aces were aginst me and my pocket Qs. So that kinda sucked hard.

So, obviously, other people need to step up and help out. Volunteers?

I know I’ve been pestering Allen. I think kyy and OMD have also. It’s getting done.

Indeed, I’ve been part of the Allen-nagging as of late, and for most of the past two or three months, I’ve been hosting the chat as well (out of necessity since I can’t seem to join chats that others begin).

But the more the merrier to get Allen to list the game.

Can someone E-mail me some details on how to join you folks?.. I might have a few bucks I can donate.

I don’t really play well, but I am sure another “fish” in the “river” might be welcomed.

Hey Crane, did anyone get back to you? If not, hopefully someone can help you out, maybe even before tonight’s game. What you can do to get started is go to Pokertropolis and get signed up. I think you then need to email Aholibah with your name and your Pokertopolis user name, you should also include your SDMB name so you can get access to our private game. Funding your account can be a hassle (usually you cannot use a credit card, for example), so the sooner you figure that out the better. If you can’t make it in tonight, there is always next week, and the week after and the week after…

Anybody up for rattling Allen’s cage?

I can do it after I get home. Do you just need to tell him to crank up the SDMB tourney? Do you need to remind him of the amount, or the players? Or anything else I need to know?

Just call him a mf’r. He eats it up.

To answer your question I don’t know. Never rattled him myself.

I’m no help, am I?

I’m rattling. With Allen. The mf’r.

There is an update…

He says it will be listed soon…

I’m calling Allen an MF’r right now.

And get an AIM account if you don’t already have one. Preferably with a name similar to your PT and/of SDMB name.

In the interest of new guys (or girls) who may feel left out due to the inside jokes in our AIM chat, I’ve compiled this short list of pointers.

1. Duke is Duck. We can switch letters. We’re that clever.
  2. Any time Asterion, your response (regardless of topic) must include references to lab girls or ether.
  3. Nobody’s really sure who this CapnPitt is, or why he keeps showing up. We just ignore him. Play along.
  4. I always get 2nd. Always. Even when I don’t. In fact, especially when I don’t.
  5. Aholibah may drop in and say a few words, but she’s far too busy getting ready for the WSOP to bother with bush league games like ours.
  6. Nanook is a bully.
  7. I can’t think of any more. Anyway, don’t be nervous. Hell, a macro that randomly types the words ‘rude,’ ‘grim,’ and ‘mf’r’ would be the height of wit in this crowd.

That’s rude, you MF’r!

Oh, and game’s up!

I built bridges. Do they call me bridgebuilder? No!

I built buildings. Do they call me architect? No!

But steal one pot…

Yeah, I hear ya! Suck out on one little pot…

…and we call you Hal Briston, scourge of sheepkind!

Sorry to bail on you guys again tonight. As of this writing, Nanny, nesta and ast are battling it out for this week’s bragging rights. Go, guys!!

Craneop2, Allen says you’ll be good to go for next week. Let us know if you have any problem funding your account, and next week make sure to log on to PT early enough that you can reach me in the event that you can’t see the tournament. I’ll have to nag Allen some more if that happens.

Tonight’s Results (4/13/06):

1. Rude Bully Nook
  2. Asterion
  3. Nesta
  4. Octopus Le Gangsta
  5. Root Arm
  6. Light Tool
  7. Yeti
  8. Dag Otto
  9. Duck
  10. Oslo
  11. MissTake
  12. Kyy
  13. Mostly Dead Guy

Wow, the game only took about 1.5 hours? That’s good to know… :slight_smile:

Well, since everyone hit the sack (except Asterion), in the $5 Limit game I (plus MissT and OMD) was/were in, I finished in 2nd out of 65 for $81.25. My two pair (6s & 5s) got crushed by a full house (5s over 9s) from Bulldog#10 for the final hand.

Limit seems to be my thing.