Pray for Mojo - SDMB Poketroplis 2nd Quarter, 2006

I lost most of my chips on a stupid play in the first few minutes, and was never above break-even after that. I was lucky to hang around long enough to get 5th.

Congratulations, Nanook.

And Yeti.

I finished out of the money in the $2 NL tourney when my ATs fell to A7o.

Then I busted out of a PStars 5TT when my set of 7’s fell to J8o when the gutshot T came on the river.

What’s the expression? Some days it’s not worth it to chew through the leather straps?

[Off-topic] By the way, there is an episode of My Name is Earl that you have to see. It involves robot legs, hands, …

And congrats Yeti. Nice return on your $5 investment.

I don’t know how I finished 4th. I was short stack with ten players left after Yeti sucked me almost dry with a river Ace. Somehow I stuck around until NotN was able to kill me off with a straight flush.

I managed to win a 9 player sit n go at Poker Stars afterout tourney for a cool $27. Sucked out twice early, one time to split the pot, the other to eliminate somebody.

Well, had a bit of a computer meltdown, had to re-install a bunch of stuff.

I have PokerTropolis up and running, and since I had to re-install AIM, I am now DukeOfRat on AIM. I have no buddies, so when somebody invites me I’ll re-do my buddy list.

Thursday bump. Tonight I’m cracking the top 3. My 4 and 12 finish so far this qtr just won’t cut it. I’m going to harness the awesome power of my new brain.

You got a new brain! Awesome! Did you get the one that’s “now with 25% more wrinkles?”

I am probably a no go for tonight. Dinner with a visiting friend.

I need to pray a little harder for Mojo. Two 9ths in a row ain’t exactly answering my prayers. Of course when you play for crap, you don’t have a prayer.

I’m pretty sure Mojo isn’t going to help me. Not run of the mill Mojo, anyway.

Think I’ll try a big ol’ bucket of suckout tonight.

I’m working on getting the game up. All operators are currently busy. Don’t know who has the fricking gall to monopolize Allen’s attention, just when we need him, but whoever they are they should cower in fear as they contemplate my awful retribution.

If all operators are busy, then PT might be suffering some problems. Allen better tighten up.

He promises it will be up in ten minutes. Not unlike what he said an hour ago when I finally got through.

It’s up. Good work, Aholi.

Tonight’s Results (4/20/06):

1. Dag Otto
  2. Asterion
  3. Capn
  4. Nesta
  5. Kyy
  6. Yeti
  7. Nanook
  8. Oslo
  9. Duke
  10. Robot Arm
  11. Aholibah
  12. Mostly Dead Guy
  13. MissT

THE STANDINGS!!!

1 Asterion 83.6
2 nesta 74.0
3 Nanook of the North 70.6
4 Dag Otto 66.4
5 Miss Take 62.6
6 Yeticus Rex 57.5
7 Kyyrewyyoae 49.2
8 Oslo Ostragoth 38.4
9 Duke of Rat 35.7

Thor’s Day bump.

I’m out becasue today is my birthday! (YAY ME!) and despite the love I have for you guys, it will not be spent in front of a computer playing poker.

And I advance.