Prayer at graduation poster child reveals self

Connie, I criticise your positions, not your personal life. I also criticise your resorting to personal, if misguided, attacks instead of answering questions that are set before you.
The trouble is that, now, no-one can believe any position you take because we cannot know if you are being serious or not.
Do you believe that there is a great body of evidence involving U.F.O.s?
Do you think I was stalking Cessandra?
Do you believe that I am related to anyone on the Straight Dope Board?
Do you have a problem with my job?
Do you have a problem with my sexual orientation?

You see, Connie, why I can’t believe anything you say anymore. Like I said before, the “Rush Limbaugh” method of attacking people, then saying,“Just kidding!” when called on the carpet for it, is for people who are playing to a hand-picked audience. This ain’t it.

Hey Cessandra, you DO go to a state-supported, public college right? …just double-checking…

Contestant #3

AuraSeer=Pagan definition #1.
Cessandra=Pagan definition #2.

By George, I think I’ve got it!

Yes, C#3, I do.

First of all Slythe, yes, you do level personal attacks against me. They can be found all over the SDMB.

I don’t owe you this, especially since it isn’t topic-related, but just because you despise me the most, that outta count for something…here’s the answers to your questions:

Do you believe that there is a great body of evidence involving U.F.O.s?

I know that evidence in the form of eyewitness reports by reliable witnesses exists and that there is a “great body” of it. I believe that some physical evidence is PROBABLY posessed by the US Government, and no, they aren’t gonna admit it, or let you or I examine it any time soon.

Do you think I was stalking Cessandra?

Stalking in the classic sense? Of course not… Going way out of your way to try to protect here as to make yourself obvious? Yes, you did it then and are doing it now. I can only privately speculate as to the reason for this.

Do you believe that I am related to anyone on the Straight Dope Board?

I would have no way or proving or disproving your relationship to anyone on this board. Do I REALLY think that you are the brother-in-law of David B? No. But then again, who knows for sure…all I’ve got is an eyewitness account.

Do you have a problem with my job?

I’ve answered this at least two or three times in different threads. No. Not at all. I know plenty men of science that work as security guards, fry cooks, cashiers, etc. I think that if you are doing work that makes you happy and makes you want to get out of bed in the morning then you are one of the truly blessed.

Do you have a problem with my sexual orientation?

Your sexual preference would not be known to me if you had not chose to share it recently, and no, bisexuality, although not my chosen path, is OK for you or anyone else that wants to practice it. It has no bearing on me personally.

There…feel better?

Contestant #3

C#3 said (to slythe):

Honestly, C#3, replace “protect” with “harass”, and that is my exact opinion of you.

Oh really Cessandra?

Less than one hour ago this is what you posted in another thread concerning me:

“But seriously, he has a right to call me out if he thinks I am wrong, and the pit is certainly the right place to do it.”

Change of heart in the last hour huh?

Contestant #3

You know Cessandra, somebody with strong Constitutional convictions might feel that if this Student Pagan Association is conducting meetings or rituals on campus, that it is in effect an example of the government promoting religion.

Contestant #3

Not at all. I certainly think that the pit is the proper place for your little rants. If you think I am wrong, or you just want people to listen to you whine, or whatever, just as long as you keep it here so that people don’t have to listen to your crap in a real conversation.

The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.
– Henry David Thoreau

My Homepage: http://www.shsu.edu/~stdmed17/Home.html
My RHPS page: http://www.shsu.edu/~stdmed17/RockyHome.html

Actually, dear, I have said MANY times (in this thread and others) that I do not believe that a student organization such as this is violating anyone’s rights. It is not part of the curriculum, or part of any school-wide ceremony. It’s just like the after-school groups that I upheld four months ago.

So you chose to split hairs where the Constitution is concerned?

A prayer being said on the grounds of government-owned property at a voluntary ceremony violates the Constitution, but,

Government grounds and facilities being used to promote religous organizations is Ok?

Wow. How convenient for you.

Contestant #3

No, the government asking that I abide by a prayer being said for me at a public function which I am required to attend else face punishment (ie not being allowed to walk accross the stage) is different than a group of students meeting on their own time to disscuss matters of religion. In fact, since I live on campus (and actually that’s not the deciding factor), the school’s inhibiting such meetings would offend me as a prohibition on religious activity. Do you understand, or do I need to write slower and use smaller words?

“trying to be difficult and get attention.”

Go back up, through this thread, find this source, and see MY point.

Kisses all around!

Actually I’ve tried your rhetoric at a couple of different speeds and still find it quite lacking in consistancy.

Your attempt at making a voluntary ceremony a mandatory attendance event fraught with punishments is laughable and shows the weakness of your argument.

The high school seniors at good ole’ Cy-Fair were out of bounds by praying in your presence on government property but you are legal when you perform Pagan rituals on the campus of a government college. That’s a pretty fine line that you paint Cess. Can you be sure that no non-Pagan students will be exposed to your religion without their express approval?

Actually I’m fine with your involvement in the Pagan Student Assoc. Just as I had no problem with the brief prayer at your voluntary graduation ceremony. Both are examples of religion mixed with government institutions of learning.

Contestant #3

Wow, Contestant #3 really is a stupid, thick-headed, and clueless as everyone said they were! This is really my first chance to see it in action.

A few things… first of all “Pagan” is not a religion, it is a category. There are pagan religions which are certainly real religions, but “Pagan” or “Paganism” are not, in themselves, religions. I doubt someone with C#3’s intellectual capabilities would be able to grasp the difference though. It seems to me that C#3’s entire purpose here is to try to twist everything Cessandra says into something to make her look bad.

I’m wiccan, myself, but was raised Christian. At no point in my life have I been an athiest. That said, I fully agree with Cessandra’s views regarding the prayer at her school. I am also very offended by the references to god on US money. You see, C#3, convenient as it may be, most of us don’t support/agree-with/disagree-with the consistency/lack thereof in enforcement of the Constitution based on whether it is advantageous to our own pet causes or beliefs for it to be enforced. You might operate that way, but that is because you are a weasel. While I might personally think that money with a big ole pentacle on it would be just groovy and not bother me personally one bit, I’d fight tooth and nail if the government tried to implement such a thing. Again, this isn’t something I expect you to be able to understand.

>^,^<
“Cluemobile? You’ve got a pickup…”
OpalCat’s site: http://opalcat.com
The Teeming Millions Homepage: fathom.org/teemingmillions

Again I ask, C3: If Cessandra is a fool if she keeps her position on manditory prayer, and she is wishy-washy if she changes her position, what the HELL do you want her to do? Besides attacking Cessandra because you feel that it is the only way people will pay attention to you, what is the purpose of this thread?

Well, gosh, Slythe, stop giving into his obvious, overwhelming need!

Oh, BTW, can I still have your baby?

Slythe:

1. Those are your words…not mine

2. I know for a fact that others here have a
    problem with her fuzzy way of looking at
    this.

Contestant #3

In the begining you were an annoying troll, then you progressed to obnoxious retard, now you have graduated yourself to a pathetic fuck.

If anything, you are consistant.

>^,^<
KITTEN
Coffee, chocolate, men . . . Some things are just better rich.