Predict Jackson's Guilt or Acquittal in Molestation Case

Apart from Janet (and mayyyybe LaToya), who else in his family has done anything in the last 15 years to support themselves? I think that even if his family knew in their hearts that he needed psychiatric help, they would not say a word so as not to upset the gravy train. Cynical, I know, but I can’t help it.

I’ve been trying to avoid trial saturation, but from what I’ve seen/read it certainly doesn’t seem as if the prosecution was able to demonstrate anything incisively. I also think he’ll walk with just a minor slap on the wrist.

Like Jackknifed Juggernaut said above: Acquitted on all felonies. Maybe a misdemeanor charge for providing alcohol to a minor.

Sadly, I fear he’ll be aquitted, but I’m hoping for a guilty verdict.

The defense case though was just really “They want money!” Plus, a lot of claims by the defense weren’t true-Leno never actually talked to the kid, nor did he go to the police, Louise Pulanker said the exact OPPOSITE of what the defense claimed she would, and George Lopez said it was the FATHER that was trying to scam everyone-the mother never did.

Plus the tape of the boy telling the police about what happened…I don’t think the kid is lying, and I think Michael just SCREAMS child molestor.

I need to make this clear. My HOPE is that Mike gets thrown in jail. I PRAY he gets some helpful psychiatric treatment. My EXPECTATION is he’ll moonwalk right out of that courtroom and be some other country’s lunatic problem. People complain about black people not receiving justice in the U.S. judicial system, and that’s often true, but we need to acknowledge there’s yet another standard for the mega-rich and globally famous regardless of race, and their outcomes have nothing to do with the facts of what happened, either. I think he’s been insulated from the real world long enough that the fact he doesn’t understand or care how he’s perceived, and that he’s too callous and casual with his own personal behavior. He needs to be far removed from his evil support group: his enabling-ass family, his blind assistants, his lying handlers, his ruthless advisors and be on his own for awhile. The root causes of his behavior need to be dealt with, if it’s not too late.

As to whether he’s actually guilty – it’s enough for me to hope he’s found guilty. His ass is creepy. Willfully creepy people should be locked up.

This used to be a normal kid. I don’t normally gravitate to an emotional bond with the personal lives of celebrities, but this shit breaks my heart.

Robert Shapiro, a member of the “dream team”, was on CourtTV right after the case was bound over to the jury. He and another lawyer agreed that MJ would be found guilty on all counts, except the conspiracy charge. No matter what I thought before I’m going with his prediction.

A reporter on CourtTV stated that it had already been determined that MJ will go directly to jail, if found guilty. There is too much of a chance that he’ll take off. He can’t hide, but it might be hard to get him back.

Everyone agreed that MJ will not be able to cope in jail.

I’m cynical enough to think that at most, he’ll get the little smack on the wrist. I think he’s a seriously messed-up individual, and according to a coworker who used to live out near Neverland, and whose neighbors were on staff there, it was pretty widely known the MJ did bad things to little boys. Now, I personally think my coworker is way too inclined to believe people who he thinks are “nice” but he’s convinced that MJ is most definitely guilty.

Frankly, if I never hear “Michael Jackson Trial” spoken by any talking head ever again, I can die happy.

Without court TV coverage it’s hard to judge the testimony, but from most accounts I’ve seen is that most prosecution witnesses turned hostile on the stand and torpedoed the case. Sounds like a case of “he said, he said” to me. I think he walks.

Yes. It’s like that Fox Trot strip from years ago, when Andy was flipping channels to the incessant refrain of “Today in the O.J. Simpson trial—” “Today in the O.J. Simpson trial—”“Today in the O.J. Simpson trial—”“Today in the O.J. Simpson trial—”“Today in the O.J. Simpson trial—”“Today in the O.J. Simpson trial—” “In other news, YESTERDAY in the O.J. Simpson trial—”

As for the verdict, I can’t predict. But if he’s acquitted, I don’t believe that’s a victory for him in the long term. His financial situation is bleak. He’ll be lucky to hang onto Neverland for another year. Only the hardcore fans will attend any future concerts or purchase future albums. Stick a fork in him, he’s done.

I say he bolts. He heads out to hide in southwest Nebraska to live the rest of his life in anonimity.

From what I heard, the judge may allow a live feed of the verdict. Hmmmm…

Personally, I’m dying to see how he and his cult followers will react if he’s found guilty. Most likely he’ll faint and the cult outside will start rioting.

I’m wondering if a verdict will be handed down tomorrow or will the jury drag things out another week.

I wonder – if there’s a possibility of a hung jury? You don’t hear that too often in this criminal case.

What I’ve been taught (admittedly in civil trials) is the rule of thumb is one week of testimony = one day of deliberations. So it would not surprise me if the jury goes two weeks. On the other hand, the last trial I did was three months of testimony and the jury came back in two days. So pay no attention to me. Is the jury sequestered? If so, a Tuesday verdict would be appropriate.

It can happen, but this judge will likely keep sending them back until they’ve come to a decision on at least the major charges. It wouldn’t surprise me if they hang on a couple charges, but I expect the jury will acquit.

But then, I base that on what I’ve read in the news media, and based on my experience with the media reporting trials, I must admit that I really have no idea whether, in fact, Jackson even exists, let alone is on trial.

I don’t know whether he’s guilty or not, but I think there is plenty of reasonable doubt.

But I think he will be convicted and get a long jail sentence - perhaps the 20 years often quoted in the press.

I haven’t followed the trial at all but I predict acquittal on all counts. He’s a celebrity on trial in California. QED. :slight_smile:

Way aheada ya, Guin.

I love how the prosecuting attorney says that the accusor’s family couldn’t be making any of this up because, as he implies, the mom is so dumb she “frankly can’t string two consecutive sentences together that make sense.”

So basically, he’s basing his entire case on the incomprehensible ignorance of the accusors.

Here’s his closer:
“Hey, this kid’s mom’s testimony didn’t make any sense did it? Well, do you really think a retard like that could make a story like this up? Jacko’s GUILTY! C’mon now!”

With an argument like that, I’d say Jacko should have no problem keeping that August reservation at Disneyworld.

Day one of full deliberations. No verdict from the jury. The suspense is… chilling me.

Why do so many people assume that he will be be aquitted because he’s a celebrity? Apart from the OJ Simpson case* is there any history of celebrities being above the law in the US?

• I’m not saying OJ Simpson is guilty, but I guess if I didn’t mention him that people would reply to this post with reference to his case.

Well, Robert Blake was acquited.

Of course, that may not be a perfect parallel; first of all, he has nowhere near the level of celebrity that MJ does, and second, Bonnie Lee did not seem to be a sympathetic character at all. Still, the record stands that a celebrity was on trial for murder and was acquitted.

Winona Ryder was acquited of shoplifting and possession.

Robert Downey Jr. has been convicted on drug charges.

The charges against Kobe Bryant were dropped.

That’s all I can think of at the moment.

Robert Blake.