Preferred Pet Treats

troub! I love your puppy! My god, that picture just made my day:)

Jack cat will eat any and all kinds of cat treats. He also loves all flavors of Fancy Feast, which he only gets as a treat. Ziff, his sister, only eats her dry Science Diet, but will do the Dance of Enthusiasm when we tap on the Fancy Feast can, and then turn her snoot up at it. They don’t, for some reason, like people food. Occasionally, Ziff will have a drop of beer and some breadcrumbs, but that’s the extent.

My Norwegian Elkhound Gizmo is partial to Bil Jack Liver Treats. He’s quite picky for a dog, but never fails to beg for those.

I used to have a cat that loved Sliders. Yeah, White Castle burgers. Weird cat.

I occasionally give my cats Temptations cat treats. They go wild over them. They’re not allowed any ‘people food’.

That said, this morning I caught Echo licking the dirty dishes (a baking sheet with shake’n’bake pork crud on it in case you wondered).

Blech.

Thanks dina. If you take the filename off the end of the URL there are bunch more :smiley: .

Anyway, I forgot to mention in my previous post what his favorite treat seems to be right now. ICE CUBES! I know this is common, but I haven’t seen anyone mention it yet. He LOVES ice cubes–I can’t believe I forgot before. It might be a thing particular to teething puppies (he’s losing a LOT of little teeth right now).

My two are picky as hell…one won’t eat soft treats and the other will eat them if she feels like it - which isn’t very often. My boy LOVES those Friskies Tasteations - he will suck ten of those back in five seconds flat.

However, they will both take your arm off for a bit of turkey or roast beef.

Ava

Callioupe, my dog loves apples too. Actually, I have yet to find something she won’t eat. Grapes, bananas, carrots, everything goes down. Her absolute must-have favorites are popcorn and peanut butter. She goes crazy for those.

She loves rawhide bones too, but beware, my vet and puppy trainer both have told me to be careful with rawhide, especially things like pig ears, because any kind of rawhide can get stuck in their intestines and cause blockages. My vet told me horror stories of having to cut open dogs and pull out long bits of rawhide - especially those ones in knots or twisted ones. One time a dog just kept swallowing the knot as it unravelled - they pulled the whole untied knot out of him! It is best not to give rawhide at all, but my dog loves it and it keeps her occupied for hours, so we do give her those pressed rawhide bones that take her longer to eat. (one will last her a few days). Anything they can wolf down without chewing it up good is potentially dangerous - rawhide especially.

Molly the Wonder Dog (so dubbed by Dad’s students when she entered the variety show) will eat just about anything. She’s even finished off bits of potato. Her favourite is chocolate which we never give her (I hear it’s bad), but she always seems to seek out on her own. One Christmas she polished off an entire bag of chocolate covered coffee beans that was wrapped up under the tree. She didn’t sleep for days!

She’ll also polish off apple cores. Give her one and a couple of days later you’ll discover three or four seeds and a bit of stem in a tidy pile somewhere.

My orange kitty will eat anything really. Among his dietary staples are such things as salsa, french toast, rubber bands, doorstops and cellophane. The word treat has pretty much lost any meaning when it comes to him. My black kitty seems to take to pretty much any pounce or whiskas treat, especially the fishy-flavored ones. She also seems to like drinking my iced tea particularly well. My two previous kitties would knock you down for olives, but I’ve not tried them on my current cats. Yet.

This may sound strange, but my dog loves hamster treats. They’re yogurt drops, shaped like little chocolate chips (also the same size.)

My Westies love hooves. During a thunderstorm, I have to give Aislinn a new one to chew on, otherwise she will bark and whine. I guess the chewing is a nervous activity.

For treats, they love Beggin’ Strips, Beef & Cheese flavored Canine Carry Outs. They get Milkbones for an everyday treat - not the green veggie one though. They don’t like that flavor. Maguire the puppy likes ice cubes, as he is teething.

Aislinn loves cough drops. If you have one in your mouth, she will sniff your breath. She once took a single one from the bag, then licked it and used her paws to get it out of the wrapper. She had little bits of cough drop stuck to her beard, but her breath was fabulous!

You, dear freak, have even freakier cats. As if!

Murphy, the wonderparrot really likes almonds in the shell and green grapes. And he will have complete fits about the small sunflower seeds. He also likes a cornbread I make for him into which I smuggle a lot of squash baby food and mango and broccoli for the vitamin A.

What can I say? I attract strange creatures. :slight_smile:

I have two Cavalier King Charles Spaniels - Olive and Jane - and they will devour anything in their path. Between the two of them they ingested almost a whole bag of bird seed the other day…Needless to say, they are not discriminating so I have to watch them like a hawk…but when I am feeling like Martha Stewart Mommy I actually, um, bake them dog cookies. Yea, I know. It’s sick - but they adore them so much more than the store bought kind…They’re my babies.

Terminator, the cat, will knock me over for any cat treat. He also loves these really nasty Thai lobster chips.

The birds all crave hemp seeds, those tiny carrots and popcorn. The conures have been known to sneak sips of Guiness.

MyShiba Inu
loves Bully Sticks which are dehydrated bull weeners - yummy. :stuck_out_tongue:
He also likes those toothbrush shaped chews called Greenies.

Goodness troub -that dog is going to be HUGE one day! Just look at those paws! Are you sure that fence is tall enough to hold him in?!?! Great pictures by the way. He looks like a reat hoot!

My cat likes soft cat food as a treat - any flavour will do. Since we normally feed her IAMs hard food, we stick with the IAMs soft stuff and she doesn’t seem to mind. she had access to Science Diet food when we went home, and she didn’t seem to care for it too much. We also occasionally give her Luv’s treats. She seems to like chicken-flavoured foods the most. Oddly enough, Bree doesn’t like Brie cheese, and she isn’t all that crazy about milk, though she will take a few licks. Its very rare that she gets offered either, though.

Back home, one cat will eat pretty much anything she can get to. She LOVES all meats and seafood (and will do her best to steal shrimp whenever she can) but she’s also been known to eat everything from rice to chocolate to licorice to McDonalds French fries, to broccoli (!) to peanut butter to lemon merengue pie…basically we have to keep food away from her, because she WILL try and eat it. She recognises the milk container, and looks really sad if you don’t give her some. Despite all this, she’s not too overweight, and in perfect health.

The other cat, the stupid one, can’t seem to figure out how to chew well enough to eat a piece of lunch meat or chicken, and usually abandons milk before finishing it. On the other hand, she will do anything and everything for cat food or cat treats like Pounce. This stupid cat seems to think that she has to stop and eat every single time she enters the kitchen, which is frequently! When we brought my kitten home to visit, we had to supervise her feedings because the dumb cat would try and steal her food. Her problems chewing appear to be a combination of a broken tooth (though it isnt hurting her) and the suspicion that she was weaned REALLY early, and just wasn’t taught to eat properly (according to our vet). Still, somehow this cat manages to be overweight, though otherwise healthy.

The dog - well he likes all the dog treats we’ve given him, and I honestly don’t know if he has favourites (I haven’t lived at home for a couple of years…). I do know that my mom always gives him the last bite of her morning toast, just like the did with the previous dog, and its not uncommon for us to toss him bits of bread or other carbohydrates. He also developed al iking for jelly belly’s thanks to my sister tossing him the ones she didn’t like, and he’ll take anything my grandmother is eating. The rest of the family tries to limit his “people food”, and not feed him at the table, but my grandmother takes pity on him and feeds him throughout the whole meal when shes there. Family dinners with her involve him sitting next to her, with his head on her lap, and she sneaks food down to him :slight_smile:

I prefer gerbils.

With or without electrical tape?

Chocolate is indeed bad for dogs. It contains a substance called Theobromine, which can cause sudden death, especially if eaten in large quantities. If your dog really likes chocolate, then special “dog chocolate” (which contains carob instead of cocoa) is safe. However, there is a risk of dental disease if you feed too many sugary treats, and also the caloric density may be a problem if your dog is prone to being overweight.