Private School in Miami warns staff to not get COVID-19 vaccine

Yep, you read that right:

A private school with two campuses in Miami has warned its staff against taking vaccines that prevent COVID-19, saying it will not employ anyone who has been inoculated and spreading misinformation about the potential risks of vaccination.

Centner Academy, with campuses in the Design District and Edgewater, informed parents of its policy for teachers and staff by email on Monday. The announcement, first reported by the New York Times, left some parents, teachers and medical experts aghast because it was presented as fact without citing any scientific evidence.

More at the link, but you have to love this bit:

Unsatisfied with the schooling options available locally, they opened Centner Academy in the Design District in 2019 as the first “Happiness School.” The school’s website prominently displays: “MEDICAL FREEDOM FROM MANDATED VACCINES.”

&

The school has a chiropractor on staff to give adjustments to students and staff and practices meditation among students with the use of crystals.

A veritable bastion of science!

So, the school sent forms to all staff for them to fill out, to declare their vax status and/or intentions, with threatening language should they lie. We know that lying to your employer is, in itself, generally accepted grounds for discipline up to and including termination.

What do the Great Minds Of The Dope suppose the courts will do with this?

So, if I get vaccinated, I have two choices:

1. Tell the truth, and immediately get fired.

or

1. Lie about it, and keep my job until I am discovered.

What to do, what to do…

I wonder, though, is this school largely staffed by people who see things the same way as the owners, and have no intention of getting the vax already anyway?

Yea, if you were a teacher there and also a fan of science, you’d have to be biting your tongue constantly to avoid screaming at the crystal healing and who knows what else.

This looks like it’s some hippy-dippy naturopathic school, which is a little surprising in Florida. All the crazies lumped into one spot.

This just sounds like a purity test to make sure everybody is dinking the kool-aid. If you’re not drinking the kool-aid, you might want to find a job at a real school.

According to the NY Times:

Ms. Centner founded the school with her husband, David Centner, a technology and electronic highway tolling entrepreneur. Each has donated heavily to the Republican Party and the Trump re-election campaign, while giving much smaller sums to local Democrats.

So, hippy-dippy Trump supporters.

This. Not so much a school as a “school”.

I’m very surprised such a thing exists.

Would firings for getting a vaccine be something that could be contested in court?

I was looking into a local news story where someone was fired (at will state) for refusing to be vaccinated. My understanding is that that firing would probably stand up in court, as the person fired didn’t even make an effort to claim religious or medical reasons to not get a shot.

But getting a shot, when public policy is to get as many out there as possible, is on the other side of that line. My boss can’t legally fire me for following the speed limit or following mandated reporter laws. But this isn’t a legally mandated vaccination, just encouraged. How does the law work on that?

Trump Indoctrination Center.

I would have thought that asking about it in the hiring process would get some side-eye from the DoL.

Those poor kids. For all the reasons.

As Skywatcher said “Trump Indoctrination Center”

I don’t think people like that drink Kool-Aid. I think they drink some kind of smoothie with wheat grass and dandelion leaves and shark cartilage. And they probably don’t even drink it, it is done as an enema to remove “toxins”.

They need a lot more meditation (and perhaps medication).

Some cults will do harmful or dangerous things at the command of their leaders.

This private “school” is simply a cult.

I have a feeling that Matt Gaetz is going to want to get there pronto, and look into this situation further.

I see what you did there…