Problems with gf

Ok, I know that you are all prob gonna give me the same answer but i gotta prob…i have a gf and she like kinda got into this thing after school called the “NHS”(National Honors society) ok, shes a brain and like its like i try in school but still acomplish all the f’s and everything…so the club shes in is full of alot of ppl that are so called “smart” but , i really hate ppl like r like so friggen smart…but my gf is just the cutest grl in the world and never acts all brainy around me and stuff and shes so cute…ok basically my prob is i dont liek the fact that shes in this “club” at all cause i feel that it degrates everyone in the school who dosnt get liek streight A’s…and im trying my best to deal with it but i cant take it anymore…i really love her but she has to be going to meatings all the itme and i dont get to c her :frowning: please help!!!

“I don’t f*cking care anymore”-Reel Big Fish

Step 1. Find a dictionary (that’s dick-shun-airy).

Step 2. Look up the word “troll”.

Step 3. Stop.

“If ignorance were corn flakes, you’d be General Mills.”
Cecil Adams
The Straight Dope

Aw, I thought it was funny. :slight_smile:

ok im not looking to hear “aww thats cute” LOL im looking for someone to help me lOL no offence lol

“I don’t f*cking care anymore”-Reel Big Fish

Heatherlee? Is that you?

There is a girl in Michigan. Really dumb. You’d be perfect for her! No clubs at all for her…

I personaly like an educated woman, and someone with intellect. At least now I do…

Yer pal,
Satan

Wow, how great. She doesn’t act brainy. Why don’t you just find a stupid girl. That way you don’t have to worry about her ever acting intelligent. I am sure you can find one. Odds are she will be the one hiring for that fry cook job you might be qualified for.

Oh dear God no!!! A club that honors people that give an effort. Heavens to Betsy, what kind of monsters are running that school. Tell you what, get all of the stupid kids together, make some cocoa, sing songs by the campfire, and then compare your futures. If the words “Huh? I don’t get it.” come up more than once a minute give yourself a dollar.

Now please go find a website that won’t make those pesky neurons of yours work too hard. I suggest something by Marilyn Vos Savant.

Well, shut my mouth. It’s also illegal to put squirrels down your pants for the purposes of gambling.

Dear Sir,

You will almost certainly respond. When you do, please try to type in normal english, like the responses have been, and not like you were in a chat room. This is a message board. You have time and space enough to be clear and understandable, and people will take you more seriously if your posts contain complete sentences and fewer abbreviations.

Now, to the point. This is not Dear Abby. You may have seen Satan’s recent threads lamenting his loss. We are not bothered by this, because Satan is a reputable and well-liked poster here. He has established credibility, and contributes to the board as a whole. You may ask advice when you have as well.

Secondly, if you are looking for a place for sympathy from people who are angry at smart people, you have made the mother of all wrong turns. Did you see the first page, where it said “Fighting Ignorance since 1976 (it’s taking longer than we thought”? There are chat rooms on Yahoo for people like you.

And lastly, you, my friend, are an asshole. You get no say in what kind of friends your girlfriend has. It’s her life, and you can’t control it. I am sorry that you work hard at still get Fs. Perhaps she should try tutoring you, except then she would have to act smart around you. I feel sorry that she’s degrading herself with someone like you.

This, of course, ignores the possibility that a reg is doing this as a satire on the advice threads that have been propagating.

In closing, go away.

–John
Age 16

If you’re having problems with gif’s, switch to jpeg’s.

I can help. I think you need to terminate your miserable, meaningless existence immediately. Just tell me where to ship the bullets and your preferred caliber.

Dopeler effect:
The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

“Flowers for Algernon–The Next Generation.”

Maybe he is LoveRock reborn with better communication skills. Yes, this is indeed better than LoveRock.

1. Don’t ask people on a message board dedicated to fighting ignorance (i.e. smart people) to agree that smart people are bad.

2. If you do not like a smart girl then find a dumb one.

3. If you are getting Fs you do not need a girl friend you need a tutor.

4. If you do not like our advice don’t come back.

5. If you ask about parkways or driveways or gry, you will be beat with a wet noodle and banished to trolldom forever.

Jeffery

Is there any high school anywhere in which the people in the National Honor Society hang around together just because they’re in the Society? I don’t mean one where smarter people hang out together, but one in which membership in the Society is the criterion for being in the clique? In all the high schools I know of the National Honor Society is a very minor activity which only rarely meets.

Loverock? Is that you?

SaDkOrNyGuY:

What the hell are you thinking??? Do you honestly believe that a smart, cute girl like your girlfriend is going to continue to date an obvious retard such as yourself?
I have never understood why high school kids always hate the smart students. What you will realize the minute you graduate (if you do) is all of the smart kids are the ones getting all the babes. Do you think you are more attractive to her when you try to stop her from achieving???

Do yourself a favor:

1. Learn to spell
  2. Get an education
  3. Quit knocking smart people (guess who will be your boss in the future??)
  4. And finally, don’t try to bring your girlfriend down to your level.

good luck!

sadkornguy, unlike these incredibly mean and rude people who have sarcastically responded to your thread, i’m nice. and probably more helpful than anyone else who will respond. so you want to spend more time with your girlfriend and the fact that she doesn’t make time for you is upsetting. plus, this club she’s in makes you feel like she thinks she’s superior to you. first of all, she probably doesn’t feel that way, and if you make her feel guilty for doing something she wants to do, she’ll end up resenting you. if she already knows how you feel, she won’t flaunt anything in front of you (if she’s nice anyway). just don’t worry about it. if your relationship is strong, it will survive this.

“I am diagonally parked in a parallel universe.”

There is no way that the OP was a serious post.

By the way, did you know that the word “gullible” isn’t in the dictionary?

I’m putting this thread out of its misery.