Project Runway 11/12 (expect spoilers)

Well, that was predictable.
Was anyone else surprised (NOT!) at the last-minute “make another outfit at the last minute”?

I was disappointed that we really didn’t get to see much of the actual garments.

From the “OMG, she’s sick – and it’s CONTAGIOUS!” teaser from last week, I expected at the very least oozing sores and a high fever. Stomach flu. Bah. Take some pepto and some immodium and get back to work. But then she gives whats-his-name a big ol’ hug? Here, fella, take that. Hope you spend the next week worshipping the porcelain god.
Any guesses as to the actual final winner?

My guess for the final winner is Carol Hannah (provided she stops throwing up long enough to finish her clothes). My original prediction was Irinia but she designed an all black collection and she’s not going to change it, despite what Nina Garcia says. You know she’s doomed. From what I could see last night, Althea’s collection looked trashy.

I believe Althea’s collection will be too costumey, but the judges so far have really loved her “out-there” looks, so maybe they’ll go for it. I think the real competition is between Carol Hannah and Irina. Before I saw this episode, I would have said it would have been between Althea and Irina, with Lady Sneersalot as the winner. But I think Irina leveled the field, and may have even sabotaged her chances, with the copyright snafu and the all-black collection. I like Carol Hannah, but always found her stuff too timid. However, Tim Gunn seemed to be wowed by her designs, so I’m hoping that she will really shine now that she’d been given more than 24 hours to make an outfit.

At this point, how can Irina really change her all black look? Is dyeing at this stage an option? She can’t exactly make new clothes.

She could add scarves or trim or accessories and that might help.

I think I had the same bug Carol Hannah had last year (it was at the same time as Bryant Park), so the fact that she was able to stand up and get dressed is amazing to me, as I definitely wasn’t able to do that!

I hope CH wins.

I don’t understand Irina. “I love Coney Island. It’s so much fun that I want to use it for my inspiration! So I’m going to design something suitable for a funeral party…” And it never once occurred to her that incorporating somebody else’s trademarks into her design without permission could be a problem? Really?

I think Althea’s clothes are hideous, so Heidi will love them, and she’ll win the whole thing.

That cracked me up, especially when they showed a clip about the “last-minute twist that the designers didn’t see coming!” Um, if they’ve ever seen a season of PR, they KNEW it was coming, and they knew the last eliminated designers were going to be back to help them. This is not a surprise anymore. Come up with something new.

I guess having the models cast for the 13th outfit was kinda cool, but other than that…been there, saw that twist.