Prop 8 (CA)

and

Miller, a question if i may.

Quite a while back (almost 4 years ago, in fact), in a thread about a toy bear that had offended some people, you took a pretty strong stand against the idea of people organizing boycotts against companies whose messages or practices they disagreed with. Here’s the core of your argument in that thread:

I know it might seem rather bizarre that i’m bringing this up almost four years later, but i think it stuck in my mind because i was so surprised you had taken that position. I find that i agree with many (most?) of your positions on this board, but i remembered taking issue with your argument in that thread.

I realize that the two situations are not identical, but i think there’s enough similarity to warrant a question about whether you have changed your mind about the general principle of the legitimacy of boycotts, or whether you think that this particular case is different enough that it does not conflict with your previous position.

I’m also not asking this as a “gotcha” moment. I’ve changed my mind about things on this board, and i’m sure that someone with some time on their hands could find apparently inconsistent statements i’ve made here. I just happened to remember your previous position on boycotts, and thought i’d ask.