Puget Sound Straight Dopers

Are there any other Seattle Area posters (or lurkers) among the teeming millions?

We are trying to set up a little get-together if you’d like to attend. If not, let us know who you are at least.

So far it’s just BurnMeUp and me (which makes scheduling easy but we’ll never manage to mention everyone so no one will feel left out!)

Are Leslie and Frankie still around?

Anyone? Anyone?

p.s. 500th post! I was going to save it for something really serious and profound but I couldn’t think of anything. At least I didn’t use the word “booger”!

“And comb London’s teeming millions for him? Had we but world enough and time.”
Dorothy L. Sayers
Murder Must Advertise

Well I would like to do it sometime. We need more people. I promise not to scare anyone <smile>.

I’ll bathe and wear clothes and everything.

Magnificent to behold - Greatly to be praised.

I’m going to bring this up to the top one more time because it was originally posted late on a Friday.

If no one else replies we’ll have a very small Puget Sound Straight Dope Sesquicentennial Reunion. We will say nasty things about all of you and laugh and laugh and laugh. And then we won’t tell you who we talked about or what we said. Then we’ll laugh some more.

BurnMeUp – you bring the nitrous!

Dorothy L. Sayers
Murder Must Advertise

I’m still here! I just changed my UserName.

Where we gonna meet?

-L

Leslie Irish Evans
http://leslie.scrappy.net

It’s apparent that I’m a Puget Sounder because my head spins completely around when anyone mentions Vulcan Ventures.

I’ll endorse any kind of sedition against stupidity. Can we still rent the Kingdome?

“You can’t tell me what sucks!” - Beavis, a true Objectivist

Oh, hey, remember that OfficeGirl is a Redmond resident now, pending that she didn’t get shanghied while crossing Nebraska.

“You can’t tell me what sucks!” - Beavis, a true Objectivist

Oh, hey! I’m in!!

Actually OfficeGirl isn’t a redmond resident (I know this because she was supposed to move in with me).

She is now either in Canada, California or wherever else she is slumming around right now.

Where abouts do all us sounders live?

I live in Redmond

I used to live in Redmond, but now I live in (ahem) Sammamish! Didn’t have to move, either. The city name just changed around me. :wink:

Leslie Irish Evans

Well! Now this is beginning to sound like a group!

Any suggestions for a meeting place? How about Beppo’s (downtown, Italian, lotsa fun) or Northlake Tavern (U district, great pizza)? The list seems to lean a little toward the Eastside–does anyone have any faves in that direction?. I live in Kent but I don’t think y’all want to meet at the Golden Steer.

I’m assuming that some evening after work is best but which evening? I’m flexible. Are we in a hurry? Is this Friday possible?

R.S.V.P.

Well the next week or 2 for me are up in the air (have a death in the family pending).

For the east side we could go torerro’s in Factoria or Thai Ginger in Redmond Town Center.

Beppo’s is tough to get into isn’t it?

Gee, BurnMeUp, sorry that didn’t work out. The bright ones are kind of undependable that way.

On restaurants, I’ll vote Kirkland Roaster or the Pumphouse on 116th in Bellevue (my fave because I can fit my head into the beer steins)

Buca diBeppo is the best Italian in Seattle; well worth the wait, and the people-watching in the foyer is worth your time anyhow.

Two weeks from now sounds good, I’ll be back in town by then.

“It ain’t no sin to be glad you’re alive”
Bruce Springsteen

Well there wer quite a few issues that give her a different light outside of her posts here when you got to know her.

I shouldn’t have expected as much from her.

pluto-
I’m still around. Unfortunately, my schedule doesn’t allow me to do too much. Sorry.

Beppo’s is delicious and alot of fun. You can reserve the kitchen table or the papal room. Everything else just gots to wait your turn. If you need any other suggestions downtown let me know. I got a million.

-Frankie

Next weekend (the one AFTER Halloween) is better for me. I got lots of parties to take my kids to this weekend.

-Leslie

Leslie Irish Evans

Looks like most of us are thinking a week or two out, which is fine with me. Maybe something around Nov. 12, which is a Friday, unless there’s a preference for another day of the week. (Friday’s okay for me – Sat/Sun are hard – mid-week is okay, though.)

If we can agree on a date I’ll try to reserve a room at Beppo’s. If I can’t we’ll have to decide if we want to go there and wait for a table or go somewhere else. If we want to go to Beppo’s without a reservation Friday’s probably not a great idea.

I see everyone else that’s responded has an e-mail address except me. I’ll put together a little mailing list to see if we can negotiate a date/time and place and give everyone my e-mail address.

Look forward to meeting you all and getting the dirt on everyone else!!

Dorothy L. Sayers
Murder Must Advertise

The 12th would be alright (although Dogma and Pokemon come out that day… :slight_smile: ). Since I generally fear the eastside (long, poorly labelled streets that I get lost on easily) a map and/or address with really good directions would come in quite handy.

Thanks

Engineerboy

Masa Gatsu Agatsu Katsu Hayabi.
True victory is victory over the self; Let that day arrive quickly.

Well in the next month or so a lot is up in the air with me (possible business trip, death in the family pending) So you guys pick a day and I’ll see what i can do to be there…

So this thread is kinda dying huh guys?

We have got to do our part for the future of the emerald city!

-Frankie

Well i am all for a get together. I still don’t know what’s in store for me the next few weeks. Although for anyone who wants to meet on the eastside i could go for a meeting at Thai Ginger in redmond, or Billy McHale’s in Redmond.

For a seattle meeting, I’d need directions and what not (only been here a year and am still getting used to the area.