Qadgop - you may need to start a new 12-step program

Cheese triggers the same part of the brain as hard drugs, say scientists

StG

Anything that makes people happy triggers those parts of the brain. I don’t know why they’re singling out cheese.

Because it’s lovely.

The bible tells us so.

I’ve been trying to figure out why Wallace (of Wallace and Gromit fame) acts so goofy. The cheese/opiate receptor thing explains a lot. :smiley:

Now we need a study on oat groats to round out the Qadgop food addition story.

Oh, Oh.

We really need to end the war on drugs or we all will be sent to prison.

Does this mean we can use a “cheese defense” in court if we knock over a deli?

I’ve known this my whole life.

35 pounds a year works out to about 1.5 ounces per day, or around 42 grams. A bit over two slices (which would be around 1.2 ounces)

That’s considered addiction? What?

Anyhow, I’m not addicted to cheese, I can quit anytime.

You wouldn’t need 42 grams a day even if you are hot railing it.

Is that when you do it with one of these?

Oh, what a friend we have in cheeses.

As Tony Hendra once told us, “Take heart amid the deepening gloom that your dog is finally getting enough cheese, and reflect that whatever misfortune may be your lot, it could only be worse in Milwaukee.”

Food is addictive. News at 11.

If my work ever starts random cheese testing I’m in huge trouble.

I thought it was “Blessed are the cheesemakers”.

Well, obviously it’s not meant to be taken literally. It refers to any manufacturer of dairy products.

Basically, anything that’s good is either addictive, or causes cancer. Or both.

Enjoying things is bad for you, but enjoyment is good, so I guess one has to learn to enjoy not enjoying things.

That’s why some people claim to like Brussels Sprouts and exercise.

Well, yeah, everyone knows bread is addictive ( The Dangers of Bread | Snopes.com).

I’m a vegetarian. I eat dairy. I know this is an inconsistent half-measure of a philosophy. If I care about animal welfare, I should be a vegan.

But…cheese. It’s one of the last remaining joys in my life. I won’t give it up! You can’t make me!!

Cheese. ::mumbling sadly::: Cheese.