Question for you Dangerosa

In this thread, you posted the following:

I appreciate that you don’t want to “share his troubles” on a public message board. But the fact is, you have…many, many times. And now this very specific reference to a specific trouble. To Green Bean’s point, you have often made your disappointments in him very clear. And in this case, you have posted something so shocking that I can’t imagine you thought it would go by unremarked upon.

I have a 4th grader. I can’t imagine how a child that age become “immersed in drugs,” certainly I can’t imagine reporting it in the detached way you just did, as if was living in your home at the age of 10 but you weren’t quite sure what he was doing up in his room. Minecraft? Lego? Or maybe it’s pills…who can tell with 10 year olds these days! I mean are you kidding me? It is really really hard to read your obvious favoritism towards your daughter, but it is truly awful to hear you essentially hand responsibility of his upbringing off to him since the age of 10. Why do you do this?

Which thread was this?

Please don’t help Green Bean troll by bringing this up in the Pit. If you really are curious, it shouldn’t be hard to ask her via PM, instead of setting her up to be attacked.

(There’s a reason I didn’t respond to her.)

I agree. It would be too tempting for Stringbean to start trolling.

Linky

Here. I’d start at post 25.

Here’s Green Bean’s post to Dangerosa.

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showpost.php?p=20027916&postcount=26

Fuck off, BigTard. You don’t get to tell people what to post here. If you don’t like this thread, stay the fuck out. Green Bean wasn’t trolling. She asked a sincere question. If she were trolling, she would have gotten a warning. Instead she was instructed to take it to the Pit. Sarahfeena is just following moderator instructions. Go wag your finger at people someplace else.

I wanna be like BigT when he grows up.

Sorry, meant to link to the thread in question in the OP. Thanks, all!

I don’t want Dangerosa to think we all hate her or something. On the whole, she contributes a valuable perspective to the board. But I am curious if she’s able to see any truth to Green Brean’s observation. I don’t know if I agree with the approach* Green Bean took, but nonetheless she spoke truth. It is a truth I’ve noticed for a long time.

I hope Dangerosa at least gives Green Bean’s post some serious thought. At the very least, maybe she’ll think twice before posting another “My wonderful daughter and my disappointing adopted Asian son” story.

*I don’t disagree with it necessarily. I’ve called people out on their blindspots too (Incubus is an example). But only when those people were being obnoxious. I guess I’m wondering if maybe a PM would have worked just as well.

I don’t think anyone has any desire to attack Dangerosa. I find her attitude towards her kids more sad than anything else, and I think that’s general tone here. I hope it does sink in.

Wait - is Green Bean the former stringbean? 'Cause stringbean was a dipshit.

Nope.

Why do you think Green Bean is a troll?

Good question. Green Bean is in no way, shape or form anything like a troll. She asked a legitimate question that a lot of people have been wondering. Big T on the other hand apparently needs a hobby. Other than his ludicrous finger wagging I mean. That’s just tired.

Yeah, it’s a head scratcher. Green Bean has never posted anything I’d consider trolling. Plus my mod note wasn’t because I thought her question was trollish or even mean spirited, just out of place in that specific thread.

The longer I’m here, the happier I am to stay LowerCaseT.

Wait, did you just seriously call ME a troll?

I’ll just assume you accidentally mixed me up with Stringbean.

And thanks to the rest of you. I’m coming up on my 17-year Doperversary in a few days, and I appreciate the acknowledgement. I may be a jerk, but I’m no troll.
My question to Dangerosa was sincere, and borne of genuine concern about her son. I really feel for that kid. The way she talks about him is horrifying.

Don’t worry its not just him, that lady has issues wrt to males.

**Green Bean **wasn’t trolling at all, she was asking a legitimate question.