Rain, rain and more frigging rain

Indeed, it looks like…no I can’t be…it is…it’s sunshine…my Og whatever next?

Lovely morning? where was that then Quartz ?

Ah your the one whos taken over my job then.
A few years ago my hometown in England was flooded,I flew to Miami where it had floods and then on to southern Ireland where amazingly there were widespread floods .

All this rain in England wont prevent the traditional summer event known as "the Hosepipe Ban "from occuring at some stage ,no doubt its the wrong sort of rain or something.

Will you lot stop going on about your sunshine and high temperatures? I’m cold and soggy and miserable. And I have to be out at Edgbaston cricket ground at 6am tomorrow to do an all-day charity thing. In fancy dress. In the rain. Bah!

Either of you, is your other name “Rob McKenna”? :slight_smile:

Well, if you can get a cheap flight, join glee who is flying over to Las Vegas for our Dopefest in August. You will see plenty of sunshine and it will be rather warm.

There is a very, very slight chance of rain this coming Sunday or Monday - otherwise we will have set a new record for longest period without a drop, and this is not a good thing.

We have two trees in the backyard that are dying, despite our best efforts, and we gave up on the lawn a month ago.

Sunday morning…still raining

bugger

The rain has just stopped in Carlisle, and the river is going down. It looks like our clever plan to divert the Eden to Yorkshire has paid off for now.

See, it’s now been raining here for two days. Taste my power! I have destroyed the Bite of Seattle and the King County Fair!

It will rain tomorrow. Muaahahaha!

(At least it’s warm.)

hang on a sec, the BYBSBTITSHPIAA (Big Yellow Bright Shiny Ball Thingy In The Sky Has Put In An Appearance)

Summats afoot I tells ya

Wow! I went outside and made a shadow!

please hang around, BYBSBTITS

Hey, I’m in Cheshire as well as you.

Are we the sole benefactors of the BYBSBTITS or is the rest of Merrie Engerland basking in OUR currant bun

I like to think it’s the latter. :cool:

You had it off with Hank Marvin?

For shame madam, for shame

Behold! A yellow orb has appeared in the sky!

It was pretty sunny here all day until an hour or so ago, when the Big Clouds took over and cast their deathly shadows upon the firmament. No rain, though, and it’s starting to brighten up again from the west.

Pissed down all day here and is still coming down hard. We get your weather a day before you so enjoy Monday. Bring a brolly.

You and your gob!

Pissing down …yet again ::groan::

I think we need to make more sacrifices…

I spotted the yellow bastard today. Fortunately, my neighbour is having a BBQ in about an hour and so it’s fucked off again.

My paln to create a Sun destroying device has been put on hold for a bit. Not only because it’s had the good sense to hide, but also because it’s gonna be a bit spendy getting all the hosepipe I’ll be needing.

I’ve been watching the Weather Channel and there’s been lots of footage showing flooded valleys and submerged roads and bridges. I’ve also seen footage of helicopter rescues and plenty of sandbags. I’ve heard that in some parts of the UK, a month’s worth of rain has fallen in the space of a few hours. Can any of our UK dopers confirm the reporting? I hope everything settles down soon for you all.