Rank Your Pizza Toppings

The last few carryout pizzas I’ve had were topped with grilled chicken…but they were sauced with alfredo. Mmmboy!

If we’re talking about tomato-sauced, the Pizza Hut supreme is pretty good. It’s been awhile but IIRC there’s pepperoni, sausage, green peppers, onion, and mushrooms. I don’t remember if it has black olives, which I love.

Sure, I’ve had Hawaiian pizza, with ham and pineapple. Depending on who makes it, it can be pretty good.

I like anchovies once in a blue moon but probably wouldn’t on pizza.

My two main toppings - pepperoni and anchovies. If you don’t like anchovies, I’ll take yours. The more the better. Mine doesn’t need anything else.

Ditto (and throw in some onions.)

Favorite pizza combination:
Spinach, Feta, and Walnuts. Really damn good.

Highly enjoy:
-Bacon, Tabasco, grilled chicken, and black beans.
-Olives and blue cheese

Good eatin’:
Pepperoni
Plain cheese
Pesto (with marinara)

Hate:
-White pizza
-Pesto (without marinara)
-Anchovies

My standard for a Chicago thin-crust: sausage, mushrooms, green peppers, and onions. I’ve recently been turned on to sliced Italian beef & giardiniera pizzas, as well, but that’s only at very specific places that do these two well.

For Neapolitan pizzas, I go with the classics: Margherita (fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, tomatoes), quattro stagione (ham, olives, artichokes, mushrooms in quadrants along with tomato & mozz). I also love potato & rosemary white pizza, as well as a New England-style white clam pie. Surprisingly, I’m not a huge fan of pepperoni pizza, for whatever reason, always preferring crumbled Italian sausage to it.

I like most toppings, though I consider sauce and cheese and crust a basic requirement.

I prefer peperoni, onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms.

I like a pizza with just a few toppings, any few will do really…what I don’t like is so many that they all get lost in the noise.

But here is one most folks dont consider. Bananna peppers. More specifically, those sliced pickled yellow ones they sell in jars. Quite a vinegar tang with just the slighest hint of heat.

We have Hungry Howies down here. I get their cajun crust with peperoni and bananna pepper, sometimes with also onion and or mushrooms.

Pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, onions and bell pepper. Usually this is made at home - 'cuz I put lots of toppings and plenty of cheese.

I can abide pineapple with canadian bacon, like in a buffet type place.

I haven’t had anchovies on a pizza in forever, but I remember I liked them.

I don’t like olives on a pizza, but I can pick them off. Not much else I don’t like, but white pizzas are far down the list, as are BBQ chicken and the like.

I like my pizza old-school, without exotic ingredients.

I gotta have:

mushrooms
onion
green peppers
red peppers
spinach (only with just mushroom and onion)

Sausage, I can take or leave. I used to hate pepperoni, but now I don’t mind. I was indifferent to pineapples, but in college my friend’s boyfriend would always order Hawaiian style pizza, and at some point the thought of pineapples on my pizza began to make me sick to my stomach.

Must have:
cheese
onions
mushrooms
black olives
thin crust

Highly enjoy:
Canadian bacon
bacon
chicken
spinach
zucchini
pineapple
anchovies
sun dried tomatoes
barbeque (this is popular at a non-chain place in my town)

Meh:
sausage

Leave this crap off my pizza:
pepperoni
green olives

Just got one of my regular online order forms from Papa John’s: 84 slices of pepperoni and three delicious cheeses for $11.99. Guess I had better take advantage of that boy before the deal runs out 4/5/09.

I had to post this because I can’t imagine their people actually counting 84 slices of pepperoni, and I don’t think I would either. But it’s tempting. Just imagine the bitching I could do if it only had 83!

First of all, the abysmal crap they make at Papa John’s can hardly be called “pizza.”

If I am getting regular takeout, it will be ham and pineapple. Where I live, I have two amazing places that deliver, Star Pizza, and Pink’s, so I don’t order Domino’s or anything. Pink’s has a Lazy Lasagna pizza with sausage and ricotta amongst other things that is to die for.

If I make my own pizza, it’s black beans, oaxaca cheese, chicken and salsa verde for the sauce.

Oh, and I won’t eat pepperoni or mushrooms. Anything else is fine.

Pineapple (the greatest pizza topping next to cheese and sauce)
Mushrooms
Onions
Thin crust

I won’t eat:
Pepperoni
Black Olives
Bacon

My go-to ingredients:
Italian Sausage
White onions

in terms of crust, generally thin, but I think my favorite Pizza comes from a place called BJ’s and the crust is pretty think (nutnot doughy or heavy at all).

Other ingredients I enjoy:
Other types of oinons
Pepperoni
Bacon
Garlic
Sun-dried tomatoes