Rather Urgent Computer Question

I need to print out these cards for my sister’s wedding invitations, for a sample, but my printer is being weird. They are 3x5 cards, and all the text is formatted correctly, but the printer jams with these cards when placed in landscape (that is how the text needs to appear). so I need to print it in portrait, but keep it so that when its done, the text is still in landscape.

How can I do that?

I have Microsoft Word XP, and Adobe Pagemaker 7

Thanks!

Don’t have the specific progs, but since it is urgent, maybe this will help till somone else comes in. Design your invites in portrait, with the text going vertically etc. You should be able to do this by clicking at the text and then using a rotate tool (if you cant find a rotate, then you can try for examle holding down control and clicking and dragging at the corners of the highlighted box).

Design it in portrait, print it in portrait, and it should look good when you rotate the actual card 90 degrees right after printing :slight_smile:

Yeah, that is what I was going for, but I couldn’t find anything to let me design in portrait and have it come out right after rotating the actual card 90 deg.

I even went so far to magnify the text, do a print screen, then convert the picture to jpg, crop it accordling, and then print. Sadly, the quality was poor, as you could imagine.

Does anyone know if Word or Pagemaker has a rotate function that would be appropriate?

In Word you can create your card in a text box (Insert|Text Box), then place your cursor in the box and go to Format|Text Direction.

Pagemaker does have a rotate function as Iteki mentioned. I’m at work, so I can’t check the menu commands, but if your’re still stuck tonight I can check for you.

Quite easy.

at download.com, put in the search box: text rotate

Several programs you can download to do it appear, almost as if by magic :slight_smile:

Got it! Thanks! Number, your suggestion did the trick!

Thanks!