Recommend good X-Box games

I’m getting tired of buying an X-Box game and having it be crap. I read reviews but don’t always agree with them. A few times I’ve thought after playing awhile that the people who wrote the review are either on drugs or getting payola from the game companies.

So I figure I’ll go to the people I know I can trust. I am interested in just about anything except sports games. Among the titles I already have and like are Halo, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (excellent game if you haven’t tried it yet), Panzer Dragoon Oorta and Morrowind. I have a bunch of others but they either suck or I’m just not remembering them at the moment.

Any ideas?

Moving this to Cafe Society.

I don’t play a lot of my XBox, but those which I own that I enjoy are Amped, SSX Tricky, Project Gotham Racing and Rallisport Challenge. All four of those titles have sequels coming at some time or another.

Since I prefer the other genres on PC (waiting on the PC version of SW: KotOR and I have the PC version of Morrowind), that’s about it that I enjoy, but maybe…The Sims, Midtown Madness 3, Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance, Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, Hunter: The Reckoning. I’ve rented all of those except MM3 and Hitman 2 and enjoyed them for the length of the rental, but I wouldn’t have bought any of them.

i heartily recommend Dead or Alive: Extreme Beach Volleyball.
yeah it has a cheescake factor, but it is pretty fun and you can play your own music. i rented it and ended up buying it. plus it’s pretty cheap nowadays you can probably pick it up for $20-30 bucks on sale somewhere or on ebay.

You seriously need to do some renting old chap. I’ve found it to be very useful in the past. It would seem that you are not really into driving/racing games. If you are prepared for a challenge though, may I suggest MotoGP2, lots of fun, and very good for it’s genre.

Another suggestion to rent before buying, it’s the only way to know beforehand if you’d be wasting your money or not by buying it.

The only game I’ve truly enjoyed enough to buy for the X-Box is Burnout 2. It’s a car racing game but there’s just something about how it was done that, to me who’s not normally into racing games, makes it actually fun.

There are a couple of other modes of play besides flat out racing though and those are what appealed to me the most. In one the object is to drive into a busy intersection and cause as much monetary damage as possible by including as many vehicles in your pile-up as you can, and the other is a pursuit style game where you can play either the escapee or the police car, or both with 2 players.

x-box is a very fun console but on another note for any gamers who like mary j blige, i just heard a single from her new album and it’s dope. I don’t know if any of yall have heard of Mary J’s new cd coming out but it’s supposed to be her siccest one yet. her beats are off da hook. It’s even got method man on it, how sicc is that!?!? you gotta listen to this song and tell me what you think. here’s the link [link deleted by forum moderator]

tell me some good x-box games too

Someday, I will invent a way to glare at someone through the internet.

Or to put it another way:

does anyone else think that Mary J. is a great artist or is it just me?