Recommend to me some podcasts of quality, if you please.

I just recently started getting into listening to podcasts, primarily since the A.V. Club started their weekly “Podmass” column, and I’m anxious to discover more. The ones I currently listen to regularly are:

WTF
Firewall & Iceberg
Extra Hot Great
The Nerdist (semi-regularly, depending on if I give a rat’s ass about the guest or not)
Pop Culture Happy Hour
Slate’s Culture Gabfest
Sound Opinions
This American Life
Doug Loves Movies (every so often)
Filmspotting

As you can see, my interests tend toward movies, TV, and music, but I’m not tied to that. I also dig keeping up on current events and the news of the day (preferably with as little right wing cheerleading and tea party gasbaggery as possible), and I love books and styles of music other than rock and pop (in fact, I’ve been trying to find a good podcast wherein country music, past and present, is intelligently discussed; maybe such a beast doesn’t exist). True, I’m not much of a sports fan, but I’m not precluding being able to enjoy a sports podcast, provided it’s entertaining enough.

So anyway, that’s kinda where I’m coming from. All suggestions will be appreciated; very much so, in fact.

(Also, a quick question for those in the know: Why does seemingly every other podcast feature Adam Corolla? Just wondering.)

History of the World in 100 Objects

Stuff You Missed In History Class

I’m interested in podcast suggestions too. Good thread idea, OP!

Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me (NPR) - Current events game show for nerdy NPR nerds. Love it.
The Tobolowsky Files (NPR) - Character actor Stephen Tobolowsky telling hilarious, wonderful stories about his life as an actor.

Adam Carolla created his podcast when his radio show was canceled and was able to successfully integrate unobtrusive advertising to pay for his higher production values. He then started his own podcast network (Ace Broadcasting Network) filled with shows hosted by other comedians and / or buddies of his that are all produced in his podcast studio / automotive workshop. Adam himself even has a few ‘extra’ podcasts in addition to his main podcast The Adam Carolla Show. some of my favorites are Adam’s Carcast, Ace on the House, and a movie podcast not starring Adam called The Film Vault.

The two that I typically listen to are WTF and Savage Love. I think that I’m going to have to start listening to the Toblowsku files – he was on WTF a short while ago and his interview with Maron was fascinating.