Remember "Covfefe"?

May 31, 2017 12:06 AM

Donald Trump tweets
“Despite the negative press covfefe”
followed 6 hours later by
“Who can figure out the true meaning of ‘covfefe’ ??? Enjoy!”

For some reason, today I typed “covfefe” into Google Translate, picked “Detect Language” for the originating language, and Google Translate now identifies covfefe as an English, with no listed meaning.

Great… :smack:

Remember him? I’ve seen his posts just today!

I was just gonna say that we have a Doper for whom that is their username.

“Covfefe” is about the least weird thing this doofus has said. The president, not the Doper.

It’s a star name in Stellaris which I play all the time, so it’s hard to forget.

Yeah covfefe was one of the few digs on the President that lacked merit. Cheeto isn’t much better, but at least it has a basis: Trump is weirdly orange.

In contrast, Trump’s use of intentional untruths is off the charts.

Covfefe, we hardly knew ye.

I thought it was what you had after the frim fram sauce with oss-en-fay (with sha fafa on the side).

I wasn’t actually making a dig at the President. More at the fact that Google Translate actually recognizes it as an English word.

If he’d have just apologized and rewrote what he meant, then I’d agree it had no merit. But the way he just left it, with Spicer saying that everyone on his staff knew what it meant? Nah, it was legit.

I figure the old man just dozed off while thumb-typing.

It goes good with melba toast - and the tears of my enemies.

Oh yeah, he has surpassed himself many times since the good old days when all he did was hiccup while tweeting. I know. I’ve seen the evidence. I’ve seen the smocking gun. Twice.

Sewing’s no game for sissies, eh?

I saw this sign at a music festival in August 2017:

It looks like he was trying to type the word “coverage”.
“Despite the negative press coverage”

I figured he sneezed and couldn’t figure out how to fix it.