Reminder about WW SD/FFF Gathering (Vegas)

Strainger,

I forgot to add, most places will put the pics on CD ROM for a small fee. Last I heard Walgreens does this. That may be the easiest way…just a thought.

Don’t wear underwear on my account. I just wanted to make sure you weren’t going to have some ugly old grandma style bloomers or something.

Techchick, I have a cheap digital camera but it only works well in daylight, sucks indoors. I may buy a better camera before then but that is undecided. I’ll have a video camera and I can do still frame captures with a snappy. I’ll get a basher light and it should do okay. With either camera I should be able to get stuff online in short order.

Strainger, as an alternatve I could bring a flatbed scanner if you can’t get a photo CD burned right away. I’ll bring a still camera and flash so we’re covered.

Padeye,

I will see if I can borrow one with a flash from my client’s office.

I don’t have too many qualms about asking them, my brother is senior vice president – aka second man in charge.

What hotel are you guys goin to be at? I might be able to make it.

oldscratch,

email me at the above address, I can put you on the list and can send you the particulars. The rates for a hotel room over a holiday tend to go up so I was able to lock on a rate at the Imperial Palace.

Thing is, in order to get that rate, you have to call the 800# they gave me etc.

I probably won’t be able to do it in time. but, I’ll email you nonetheless. I might be able to swing out there on my own. And I can always crash your room. :slight_smile:

Oldscratch (and others who are considering the Vegas trip but don’t want to commit before August 1), even though I’m hoping to share a room (see above plea), I’m going to go ahead and reserve one for myself since I’ll be able to cancel within 24 hours. So don’t be afraid to jump on the bandwagon after the August 1 deadline.

Techchick, the CD thing is a good idea. I’ll go that route. I think I must have missed something. It sounds like you have some unpleasant goings-on once you get back from Vegas.

Padeye, don’t worry about the scanner (see my response to techchick). You don’t need to be dragging all of your computer equipment to Vegas!

Bumpity-bump

Strainger - I’ll be bringing a laptop anyway and the scanner it barely larger. I’m inches away from buying a better digital camera so that may solve the problem.

Come on people. we need more party hamsters (no hampsters, I got sick of the page) to paint the town red. Well maybe not paint the whole town but we’ll damn sure touch up the trim.

Padeye,

Thanks for bringing this back to life!

I hope more people will show up. If not, it will be a good small gathering of people but the more the merrier!

I’ll be making my reservations at the palace tommorow, since I should be able to make it. I’ll be driving down from San Jose, possibly with another.

Narile,

Please be sure to notify me via email on that.

Thank you :slight_smile:

BUMP! BUMP! BUMPA!
Hard to keep a thread on the first page at the beginning of the week.

Not many weeks to go and precious little time to get reservations in people so get on the boat.

I have a truck with a lockbox in the camper so it’s no trouble for me to bring the scanner “just in case.” If we don’t need it no biggie. I may buy a Fuji MX-1200 that’s on sale for $200. Hopefully that should be a lot better than the camera I’ve been using and should make for quick uploads to the net.

The problem is usually keeping me from dancing. :smiley:

(Mental note: remember to pack costume and music)

Okay, I’m officially committed. To the trip, not the loony bin. Ordered tickets and reserved a room. So there’d better be a party, dammit, 'cause I’m not going all the way to Vegas to be bored and alone!

The bad news: in order to get plane travel times I could live with, (i.e. be back to work on Tuesday), I have to leave Monday morning at 1 am (that’s Sunday night for most people). That means I’ve only got the room for 2 nights. Will wheel and deal to share expenses. Will consider extending room reservation if needed.

Unless Michi takes me up on my offer here. :wink:

Come on people, jump on the bandwagon! Let’s go! Get with it! Make techchick feel loved! (Make love, feel techchick?)

Well Irishman,

Use your powers and get more people to go with us!!!

Stare at them, hypnotize them into thinking that they really have to go to Vegas or their world will never the same.

I’m on the list, so I remember (especially since I just got my Visa bill, with more on the balance than I’ve done in a looong time!).

I’ll certainly bring some CDs - blues, old jazz, whatever else I pull out. (Patsy Cline? Doo wop?)

I just made my reservation at the Imperial Palace. If any of you decide after August 1 that you want to go, it’s not necessarily too late; you’ll just have to share. Mine is a double, non-smoking room.

As it turns out, it’s not the refrigerant in my A/C, it’s my compressor. So, let me reiterate and maybe add a few "really"s to my statement about how much I would appreciate sharing the cost of a room.

Revised list of confirmations:

Padeye
zyada
Catrandom
SuaSponte
rjk
Vestal Blue
GolfWidow
GaWd
Irishman
Narile
Strainger
techchick68

Strainger, did you send me an email about your confirmation? Will you please? I am keeping a separate list of those that are going from the main list.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hey techie!

I got my tickets today!

And yes, I sent you an email.

‘Lookin’ forward to it, folks!

Yea beatle!!!

Look forward to this!