Reports that Jerry Doyle of 'Babylon 5' has died

TMZ: 'Babylon 5' Star Jerry Doyle Dead at 60

Oh god no not another one! Garabaldi was one of my favourite characters!

What is it with all of them dying off?!

J. Michael Straczynski’s statement on his passing.

Not a fan of his politics, but loved his portrayal of Garibaldi. The Grim Reaper seems to have taken a special interest in the cast of B5.

Shit. ShitShitShitShit. And Shit again.

Bad enough that B5’s underrated and becoming forgotten. Having the cast die off, all far too young, is just salt in the wound.

Hey, Jerry… wanna talk about socks?

He did a great job on B5. He’ll be missed. R.I.P. Jerry

That was pretty damn great.

Damn. I didn’t always agree with him politically but he blasted both sides equally. He was entertaining and he did make me think. But the reason I originally became familiar with him was through Babylon 5, which is how I found the Dope after Googling something and happened on a B5 thread here.

I don’t know if he still used it, but a few years ago he opened his radio show with Foo Fighters’* Learn To Fly*. Ya burned out bright, Jerry. Thanks for everything.

Loved B5 and loved Doyle on the show. Very sad.

That’s Jerry Doyle, Richard Biggs, Andreas Katsulas, and Jeff Conaway. Tim Choate(Zathras) also died in an accident.

Young deaths all of them. :frowning:

Did I miss anyone? I know that

I just re-watched Babylon 5 a couple of months ago. Garibaldi was a badass!

Didn’t know anything about Jerry Doyle except that he went on to become a right-wing radio host. Didn’t even know he had been married to Andrea Thompson. He was one month younger than me. :frowning:

One name that could possibly be added is Johnny Sekka, the doctor from the pilot episode, who died in 2006. A very significant role, but that was his only appearance.

I just realized that I missed Michael O’Hare’s death as well. Man, a lot of people have died young on that show.

Wow, I didn’t know about any of those former cast members.

I WAS a fan of his politics and I loved Garibaldi’s character, so this really sucks.

Main character deaths:
Star Trek TOS: McCoy, Scotty, Spock (arguably Rand - 8 episodes)
B5: G’kar, Garibaldi, Franklin, Sinclair, Zack Allen (72 episodes)

Considering B5 came out 25+ years later that is amazing (granted Katsulas was old enough to appear in TOS)

Brian

I remember Doyle took part in a Q&A online chat. Somebody asked him who his favorite author was. He said “Whoever signs my check.”

William Edgars: Do you know how the ancient Greeks defined happiness?
Michael Garibaldi: Not off-hand, but I’d be willing to bet it involved three goats and a jug of wine.

RIP, Jerry. I hope you finally got to ask God that question you had, and that she gave you the answer you needed.

Damn. I was always fond of his B5 “Magic Trick”.

Time to offer up a prayer to the Egyptian god of frustration and cook up a bowl of Bagna càuda.

It’s astounding and sad.

Reasonable for an actor trying to find work. I heard Terry O’Quinn on NPR and they asked if he ever asked any of the writers/producers for explanation when he was making lost. He said he didn’t and all he made sure was that they had his name, address, and routing number correct for his payment. Don’t blame him.

Remind me. Something Garabaldi did on B5?

Pretty good video highlighting some of Garibaldi’s moments.