Republicans today are a danger to the US and the world

Indeed. I’m reminded of how all those liberals cried that Germany and Japan and Italy were fascist, and in response, the people tuned them out and let the Axis do their thing.

(checks notes)

Oh, wait, that’s the exact opposite of what happened.

It’s now not just the US Republicans…the virus is spreading.

I believe, emboldened by the continued acceptance of hate-speech and xenophobia in the US, Australia has jumped on-board with gusto.

Thankfully this arsewipe has been censured by the parliament on all sides, EVEN Pauline Hanson.

You know you’ve breached the limits of indecency when even Pauline calls you out. :cool:

Mitch McConnell was a vile and corrupt asswipe even before the Tea Partiers and Trump came along. He’s just now demonstrated what a gutless worm he is as well.

Stranger

The Modern Conservative movement is a danger because their world view that a small powerful wealthy elite, a tiny middle class service industry and a huge amount of poor labor who just barely survive is the most stable best way the world should run is objectively bad for most people.

BTW while Trump has pushed the GOP’s racism to the forefront, much of what he has passed as President would have probably passed with any of the clowns that ran in the GOP primary against him.

And maybe that’s because those were real fascists and not just political opponents being attacked with a partisan smear.

If this thread were reversed and Democrat/Lib replaced with immoral and communist how long would it take for it to be accused of “trolling” or so-called hate speech?

Please.

If ANY democrat was in office doing the things that trump does. Any Dem as crooked and morally and ethical broken as trump, they would have been impeached within a few months. It would be VERY hard to find someone so stupid as trump that Democrats would elect.

This. Republicans LOST THEIR SHIT when Obama showed up to work in a shirt that wasn’t sufficiently formal, because it ‘wasn’t Presidential.’ Hillary wouldn’t have made it to inauguration day without articles of impeachment waiting for her if she gave Trump’s speeches.

This ‘both sides do it’ crap is only a valid defense if both sides actually do it, you know.

Democrats elected Congressman Hank Johnson (D-Ga) who said (referring to Guam), “My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize.”

I think that qualifies.

Yeah, but that election was rigged.

[quote=“Desert_Nomad, post:28, topic:819848”]

Democrats elected Congressman Hank Johnson (D-Ga) who said (referring to Guam), “My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize.”

I think that qualifies.

[/QUOTE]

He said it was meant to be ironic.

Having heardHank Johnson say a lot of things, I don’t believe for a minute that he sincerely fears that the military will cause Guam to capsize.

Can you point to a record of public statements by Hank Johnson that establishes anything like the ignorance of Donald Trump?

Donald Trump married two Communists and got into power with the support of an ex-KGB agent who represented a Communist country which once vowed to bury us, so I don’t get your use of the word “Communist” as it is obvious the Right is quite OK with them now. Please explain.

I said this nearly a year ago and it is still pertinent:

The notion that the Republicans are a danger to the US and the world at large began with the George W. Bush presidency and was true then. It took Chump to make us realize just how true this was. But what worries me is once we dump Chump and have a decent President for a change again, will the next Republican President after that President be worse still? Each one does seem to be worse than the next these days.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Trump never called a “free press” the “enemy of the people.” He very correctly said that FAKE NEWS is the enemy of the people. Please try to be more accurate with your attributions.

Sure, but he’s also caused a large percentage of the media “Fake News”. It doesn’t take a genius to understand the implication of his statements. Any media that views him negatively is fake news, and any fake news is the enemy of the people. And it is the free press that are supposed to be critical of politicians, including Trump; therefore, in effect Trump is calling the free press the enemy of the people for being negative of him. Unless of course you mistakenly believe, like Trump, that the majority of the media if fake news, in which case, please do not bother replying because that’s just silly (and I think there are fair criticisms that can be levelled at the modern press).

“It is the FAKE NEWS, which is a large percentage of the media, that is the enemy of the people!”

• Donald Trump

Except Donald Trump is almost certainly a fascist. He certainly exhibits many of the properties of a fascist, so if he isn’t one he is very good at playing one on TV (which would the first time he would be good at playing anything on TV).

I’ll acknowledge that Trump might not actually be a fascist but instead tapped into fascist sentiment to get himself elected. I.e. he was willing to mimic a fascist (and given his shocking level of ignorance, I’d even go so far to say unknowingly) to get elected. However, that’s WORSE, that means there’s a real and significant fascist sentiment in the USA to tap into.

If you’re lucky, Trump is the one that is just a fascist, he’ll be voted out and your country can start to normalize itself a little.

Well… I can’t disagree with that. So when is 2020 coming?

ummm, 2020.

It’s in the name.

So it’s okay to damn the entire Republican party as “a danger to the US and the world” and “completely morally bankrupt,” but you draw the line at Trump painting the media with a broad brush? Got it.

To start with, I never said that so you might want to only respond to what I’ve said instead of what you imagine I’ve said. For the record, I don’t “damn the entire Republican party” just the parts that are supporting Trump. The parts supporting Trump are morally bankrupt, in my opinion, as they are enabling a fascist and/or the fascist elements of American society (at the very least the very worst elements of American society). The Republicans welcomed the “deplorables” into the part with open arms for short term political gain, thinking they would retain control only to find they the “deplorables” have taken over. Not all Republicans are deplorable, but many of the deplorables are Republican. Sadly, there are very few in the Republican party who are not complicit in the Trump’s rule at this point. Whose fault is that? They had a choice. They could have stood up to him for the good of the country, but they choose not to do so.