"Rev" Jesse Lee Peterson needs pittin'. See why.

It’s amusing how he thinks that if minorities are getting kicked off the voting roll, his right to vote wouldn’t be the first on the table.

“Reverend” or not, it isn’t the idea that such stupid hateful fuckers exist that gets me, it’s that other people listen to and fiollow the stupid hateful fuckers.

Dammit, I should have gone with “pure evil.” :smack:

From the article

So . . . he’s saying he himself should quit preaching and go work in a field? These kinds of people just put the NAACP and the ACLU in a tough spot on picking a side.

So I red coments in ur link and my BRAINZ now DED YOU FAGGET!!! God your all SO STOOPID …

From the article:

While this view is more than a bit racist, it’s even more logically inconsistent. If this guy hates black people to the point that he wants to enslave them again, then why the hell is he thankful for slavery in the first place? This idiot doesn’t seem to realize that the slavery he is thankful for is the reason why the people he hates so much are even on the same continent as him. You’d think if he hated black people, he’d be pissed at the white slaveowners for bringing them over here in the first place.

At least most racists, disgusting as they may be, have some level of internal consistent logic to them.

I don’t know if this makes his opinion more or less sensical, but the Reverend is black himself.

The really evil ones also bring bridles and riding crops!

It seems to me that this might be a good thing. It might make some of the women in the Fox News audience finally WAKE UP!

Or shut up. All depends on whether they have the courage of their convictions.

Well, if he’s talking about the 19th Amendment as “one of the worst mistakes America ever made,” and doesn’t even seem to think slavery or its consequences are worth mentioning in that company . . .

With any luck, Mrs. Rev. Dickbag will discover the aspirin method so often discussed. And if the good Rev. Dickbag isn’t married, I can understand why.

Either way, he’s a Dickbag.

Or it hasn’t occurred to him that if slavery were reinstated in America, his claiming that he hates women and black people wouldn’t go very far in convincing whoever reinstated it that he shouldn’t be picking cotton himself.

That was certainly my thought, when I read the article and saw the picture of him.

I find it hard to understand just how someone gets to be that evil and clueless.

I suspect that right-wing think-tank funding may have something to do with it. Not that I wouldn’t believe this guy may be crazy enough to sincerely mean every word he says, but I doubt he’d have anything like the public platform he has for his message if it weren’t that Hannity and his ilk find it convenient to have a token black radical conservative on call.

As someone whose country allowed women to vote back in the Middle Ages, I’d like to point out that he’s even more backwards than that.

Dudes like that make your average Spanish machista look like a sufragette by comparison.

What country allowed anyone to vote then?!

Navarra. There were several “polls” where townships had to decide who they wanted as their overlord, where the process was “one family, one vote”: if the head of the family was one woman (which was perfectly possible: single, widow, man traveling), then it was her who had to cast the vote. And as for Parliament, it wasn’t a matter of “a number of seats filled by specific people”, more a matter of “the Regnant has called the People to talk about some serious issues, anybody who wants can attend” and there were several non-Regnant-women who attended (and therefore, who voted on anything put to the vote; the Regnant him or herself could not vote).

(puts fingers in ears) The Handmaid’s Tale is fiction and not a historical book from the future. The Handmaid’s Tale is fiction and not a historical book from the future. The Handmaid’s Tale is fiction …

So if women ruling creates evil, then shouldn’t Islamic countries, who give women the least amount of freedom, be the least evil?

Or does something else create evil besides women?