Rick and Morty -- the new animated show from Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland

The Rixty episode may be the funniest thing I’ve ever seen. I’m beginning to believe Dan Harmon can do no wrong.

the daughter is played by Spencer Grammer (from Greek the abcfamily series, and Kelsey’s eldest daughter) The mom is played by Sarah Chalke.

the cronenberg eppy was the whoa factor with the twist ending

Just watched the Rixty Minutes episode this weekend. Harmon really knocked it out of the park with that episode, it was hilarious. Oh I’m sorry, “That was a good episode. He really made the crap out of that cartoon.” :smiley: (Oh, and that was the first time I’ve ever heard that song from Belly. Good song too.)

It looks like that little bit of continuity hasn’t been forgotten. Morty talks to his sister about how every morning he eats breakfast 20 feet away from his own body at the end of Rixty Minutes.

Definitely on my must-watch list.

O_O

Oh my jesus. That short was the wrongest thing I’ve ever seen. I can’t believe I watched the whole thing.
I’ve only caught 2 episodes of R&M. Looks like I need to catch more.

So this needs a bump. Holy cow this is the best cartoon I have ever watched. At the very least easily the best season 1 of a cartoon I’ve ever watched. Laugh-out-loud hilarious and bizarrely touching, I can’t name a single episode that doesn’t clock up there on my “must-watch” list (okay, the pilot isn’t the greatest thing ever, but still… hell of a show). And I cannot get over that tagline for MeeSeek and Destroy - “Rick and Morty have a real straightforward and fun adventure. Mr. Meeseeks has an existential crisis”. That episode definitely ranks up there in my “top 10 episodes of anything ever”, nestled in among the Breaking Bad and Dragon Ball Z Abridged and “Something Ricked This Way Comes”.

I loved Needful Things, and that spoof was just priceless. And the ENDING. DEAR GOD.

I have recently started watching Rick and Morty, and it blew me away. Hilarious and crude sci-fi with a bit of depth to it. The dialogue and voice acting is top-notch. The plots are zany but not so alien to me like Adventure Time.

In the last week I’ve binge watched the entire first season, some episodes like Mr. Meeseeks more than once. “Hi, I’m Mr. Meeseeks! Look at me!” Also the interdimensional cable box was excellent, loved the commercials from other dimensions. The Sneezy XL, the Lucky Charms spoof.

Best show since Archer, maybe better.

Season 2 premiered tonight!

1st episode was pretty fun. I liked that it picked up right where season 1 ended. I need to watch again to see if there were some “hidden” jokes among the many timelines on screen.

Awesome! It looks like you should be able to legally watch all the episodes here: http://www.adultswim.com/videos/rick-and-morty/

Might require cable provider login.

Is that mildew?!

Tease! I though for a second you meant all the second season episodes. Instead looks like I’ll have to wait for those week by week like some normal chump :mad: ;).

I discovered the show after seeing the couch gag they did for the Simpsons and then ended up watching the entire first season in one go.

I’ve since spent an inordinate amount of time pondering what the impact on human theology would be if a giant naked man appeared in the sky on Christmas Day and then exploded.

I finally gave this show a shot last week, and binge watched every episode up to the season 2 premier. Good stuff!

I think my favorite moment wasn’t even funny, it was when Rick reveals to Morty he has so messed up earth or gotten the whole family killed he just slides into a alternate reality close enough to the original, and he has done it several times!

The look on Morty’s face as he walks through his house looking at his mundane family life while pondering this, along with the music was a thing of beauty. Exactly the kind of mind fuck messed up shit I like scifi for.

This episode stuck with me for days afterwards.

Another vote for great show. I haven’t missed an episode.

A similar moment in one of the S2 episodes:

[spoiler]When they go to pick up Jerry from the day care, and Morty has lost the ticket. They’re about to grab one of the Jerrys, but some other Rick shows them a ticket and they trade.

The Jerrys look confused for a second… did they almost just go to the wrong family? Maybe they’re still going to the wrong family? Does it even matter at all? What would it even mean to be swapped with an identical version of you?[/spoiler]

Uh, don’t read that. It’s from an episode that… doesn’t exist yet. Just don’t even look.

I’ve seen a couple episodes

seems like typical [as] fare: only funny if you’re a marijuana addict

As a marijuana addict, I can tell you it’s funnier and more clever than typical shows.

lame threadshit, dude