Rick Moranis.... Dying???

An article in People magazine (or perhaps another one) a while back discussed a reunion of sorts among cast members of the old SCTV comedy club. The article mentioned “the ailing Rick Moranis” and left it at that, as if we hoi polloi are supposed to know what is regularly talked about in Hollywood.

Anyway, enough rambling. What I want to know is, what’s the deal with my favorite Ghostbuster? Is he dying? Dead? Getting better?

Thanks.

Last I heard he was working on a sequel to Strange Brew with Dave Thomas – that’s the SCTV guy not the hamburger guy. Apparently, the production got into heavy financial problems half-way through shooting and was pulled.

However, I am willing to support anyone who wants to claim it’s all a big cover up for some embarrassing life-threatening disease. Any rumor mongers out there?

I’m more excited about the STRANGE BREW rumor. I LOVED that movie!

Uke

I hate to admit, but Strange Brew was one of MY favorites too.

I really don’t think it’s a rumor. I read about it in a couple of major dailies.

I love rick moranis! sob :frowning:

What is wrong with him?

THe SCTV newsgroup has had nothing to say on this. I would guess (in my present state of knowledge) that it just meant he had the flu or something at the time.

John W. Kennedy
“Compact is becoming contract; man only earns and pays.”
– Charles Williams

WHAT! Vince Clortho, Keymaster of Gozer is sick? Alert the Gatekeeper!

I saw nothing on the “Rick Moranis Internet Fan Club” page.

Betcha he was either just sick with a cold or flue, or it’s a rumor.

“Home Brew”, the sequel to “Strange Brew”, ran into cash problems, and production was aborted a day or two shooting began.

I suppose it can still be revived, if they find an “angel”.

John W. Kennedy
“Compact is becoming contract; man only earns and pays.”
– Charles Williams