Roast in hell, Swell Season suicide jumper!

And in other news, a UK pop singer takes a dive at a Belgian music festival

Name was Charles Haddon, band name is Ou Est Le Swimming Pool. Guess he didn’t find it (yes, I’m consigned to Hell).

Don’t know about anyone else, but I don’t think I’m going to get tickets for the front of the stage at the next concert I go to.

Nitpick: OSHA 2008 revision “Fall protection must be provided at four feet in general industry, five feet in maritime and six feet in construction.”

(3 meters? Canadians must be bouncier than Americans)

My thoughts process would be

1. Holy shit, that guy just killed himself

2. Well i guess that ends the concert

3. I wonder if I can get my money back?

I would be traumatized by it. I still have images of John McSherry dying, and that was just a heart attack.

If I was close enough to see the victim’s face and injuries clearly, I might be a little traumatized (or if I almost got squished by him or her). Other than that, I don’t think I’d be very phased. Saddened and a bit shocked, but no lasting emotional issues.

Edit: or, of course, if I knew him or her personally

“But shaken band members of The Swell Season said they would not play Mountain Winery again, although they promised to return to the Bay Area for a benefit concert for suicide prevention.”

From here:

And with this, Dio once again tries to wrest the thread from the OP and starts lovingly hammering it into yet another episode of the Dio Show.

._. rEEEEEdactED!

“Shaken” is not “traumatized” It seems to me like part of the problem is a lot of you don’t know what the fuck the word “traumatized” means. It doesn’t mean shaken up or bummed out or a little upset for a couple of days.

Several other people have agreed with me in this thread. Why am I the only one who gets shit for it?

Because they’re saying, “I would not be traumatized.” You’re saying, “No one would be traumatized.” Those are to definitively different statements.

Also, you’re kind of a prick in general, so that adds to it.

Actually, several others have also said that they don’t believe most people would be traumatized. Don’t lie, ok. I’ve expressed an opinion no different from several others in this thread. I think you’ll also have to explain why that opinion is so objectionable, especially since it’s completely accurate.

ETA, and for the record, fuckface, I said “I DOUBT anybody was traumatized…” I’m not allowed to doubt something? That makes me a “prick?”

No, in general, he said. That’s much worse.

It’s not true in general either.

So what do you think is the reason why you are misunderstood and picked-on?

I didn’t say I was misunderstood or picked on.

Nonsense. I did not say that you said that you are misunderstood and picked on. I asked you why you are misunderstood and picked on.

“Several” others? I count one person (Steophan) who has also said that most people probably wouldn’t be traumatized by it. Did I miss any others?

I don’t, personally, object to it. I was just pointing out that, when you tried to climb up on that cross, that you were, in fact, saying something materially different from almost anyone else in this thread. Although I did overlook that one guy, so you’ve got that going for you, at least.

No, I didn’t say you were a prick because of this thread, I said you were a prick in general.

I can provide cites later, if you really want.

I didn’t say I was misundertstood and picked on so I can’t answer your question. That’s your perception. not mine. I can’t tell you why you think something. You’ll have to ponder that on your own.

So your name calling in this thread was completely gratuitous, then.