Rodney King, wife beater.

Then you and I will have to agree to disagree. Good night.

<shudder> Whahthu?!!

Just because of that statement, Blonde, I’m angry with Zenster. And I don’t even have a beef with Zenster.
Uhh…uh…King’s an asshole. He let a lot of people down. He’s a violent criminal now representing the dark side of recidivism. But Laws Me, he don’t deserve no whuppin’, no way, no how. :sigh:

Oh boo fucking hoo. Cry me a river! I’m the only big nasty cold hearted and evil brute at these boards who wishes harm upon people. Go whizz in your own cheerios sometime and see how you like the flavor. If I ever do the sort of things that I feel rates a beat down for other people, I fully expect to get a good beating myself. Where’s the hypocrisy in that? We’ve been over this turf many times before. So don’t piss in my ear and tell me it’s raining.

Who lets him drive? I would not even sell him a car.

Sadly, this fuckwit will always be able to get his hands on a car. What astonishes me is that his driver’s license has not been revoked permanently. He will eventually kill someone else with his lawlessness and in this particular case it will be entirely the system’s fault.

Given King’s driving history that I am aware of, I think any judge would be pretty remiss in giving him the idea he should be driving. I’m sure he’s a great driver when he’s not on angel dust. :dubious:

Did anyone ever see the Cops in Philly where a naked guy on PCP who has been shot by a frightened homeowner requires five cops to bring him down? Followed by the guy whose car gets rear-ended on camera by another guy on PCP, remember that? The best part is the guy stops to tell the cops about the horrible driver smashing into cars, then he gets smashed right there in front of your eyes. No injuries, so you can laugh without guilt.

Airman, do you even read the shit you spew onto the boards sometimes? I feel sorry for your family, friends, coworkers or anyone who has to be in intimate contact with you on a regular basis.

Sam

Big guy, bloody, in a barbershop where the owner lived upstairs? Didn’t the owner get some shots off at the guy?

Freaked me right out. It was around that time that I stopped interfering in bar fights.

That’s the one! Wow, that took no time at all. I forgot what kind of business he lived over. I just remember the bloody guy lunging at the camera screaming “put it in the paper!” Which I think means he knew he was lunging – naked, shot (one, in the chest), bloody – at a member of the media, but not which branch.

The very next scene is the other craziest thing I ever saw on Cops. Philly is not a place to be when the new angel dust arrives.

The most telling part about the barbershop episode is the silvery look of fear in the cop’s eyes as he’s describing what he’s about to go through. (The funniest part for me is the juxtaposed tiny little checkerboard cop-hat).

I’ve not seen the car-ramming scene. I’m surprised the rammer didn’t get out of his car and start clobberin’ stuff like The Thing.

Look, can we all get back on topic about the contusions, compound fractures and deep lacerations King needs to have inflicted upon him? Enough of this hijacking, already!

It’s funny you mention that, Zenster. My contrarian instincts tell me to let him out, give him some PCP, and put him on Mulholland Drive – is that the curvy road in LA with all the Porsche 911s?

If so, no beating necessary.

Mr. B That’s the only time I’ve seen a Cops cameraman beating a hasty retreat away from a suspect. Usually they are running to catch up. Not this time. He almost gets past all five cops. I thought those cops deserved a medal for not killing that guy, or seriously (further) injuring him.

Eh, I might be thinking of Laurel Canyon. Now that I think about it, there really aren’t any good roads in LA for people on PCP to drive on. San Francisco is worse.

Mind you, I’m not suggesting that any municipality is truly great for driving while you are as high as a Georgia pine, violent, and experiencing massive sensory distortion.

Suspend King’s license FOREVER, put him in an ankle bracelet, or put him in jail. I’m not for street justice unless it is in self-defense – and then not street justice.

Nobody ever said King was an angel. Or even a good guy. or even that he wasn’t a lowlife.

But his crime pales in comparison to the good, old-fashioned ass whupping he got from the police.

And lets be real. That was NOT police work. That was violent thugs who also wore badges beating a guy and having fun doing it. We’re all better off without them on the force.

Airman Doors, USAF, you suck.

Fred Phelps is a Democrat.

The perfect spot: Angeles Crest. It’s perilous. A steady stream of fatal accidents up there–very twisty, isolated in spots. Scary.

so Zenster, when exactly is voilent retribution allowed, and when is it not?

Airman, nice of you to live up to your usual standard.

Could we maybe ease up off Airman for a sec? He is not seriously advocating a policy of judicial torture by the police; he is merely expressing irritation that Rodney King, who is indeed a waste of oxygen, has learned nothing from past mistakes and is now a wife-beater. And, yes, IMO any man who beats a woman deserves to have his ass stomped in return.

This is utter crap. You have every right to dispute or condemn his posts, but you do NOT know his character. I know Airman IRL. Airman is a good friend, a devoted husband, and a doting father. So kindly do not spout off on matters on which you know nothing.

Good qualities without a doubt. But I know a lot of assholes that posess them too.