romance???

A message in a bottle… it’s a long story, but in the end it changed my life.

The night I was told my moms cancer was terminal, ‘B’ sat and held my hand while I talked and cried, and then he told me firmly to “go make us some tea”, I did,and the comforting ritual calmed me down. We went in my room,and we watched the Wedding Singer twice before I forced myself to lay down to sleep.Of course as soon as I shut it off, reality crept back in. He held me all night, really tight, and stayed awake to lsten for the boys, so they wouldnt catch him sleeping over. He didnt even try to kiss me, just held me really tight as I cried.

That was one of the kindest things,and I guess romantic too, that I can recall.

Years ago, shitboy and I had passionate sex outside on the deck in a thunderstorm. The lightning flashing, the rain pelting, the wild abandon of it was very romantic.

I have always wanted to get flowers delivered to me at work. That strikes me as really romantic. I never get flowers. :frowning:

Always remember you’re unique…just like everyone else.

::sigh:: I know what you mean about flowers at work. If guys knew how much they could get away with by doing that . . . .

::looking over shoulder:: Shh! Don’t tell 'em!

-Melin

I used to work in a ticket booth at a comedy club. The man in my life (back then) used to come by, wait until I left the booth, then place a single red rose in the booth through the window and split. When I got back to the booth, I’d find the rose, but he would be nowhere in sight. I knew he was thinking about me and went out of his way to let me know. Sigh.

He was the most romantic guy I ever dated, and he did lots of other romantic things. We used to live hundreds of miles apart. We talked to each other every night on the phone, but still wrote letter back and forth. He wrote poetry for me and oodles of love letters. I mean real LOVE letters. This stuff would bring tears to your eyes. I think I still have them at my mom’s house. If so, I might reprint one here. Get out your hankies.

I’m sure everyone is sick of hearing about my husband and how great he is, but…
He’s written me songs

He sends me flowers at work EVERY major holiday (birthday, Valentines, just because)

When he can’t think of a gift to give, he gets diamonds. No, he doesn’t have brother!

Oh, and every Sunday night he draws me a hot bath and shaves my legs. I swear to God it’s all true.

A friend is someone who likes you even though you’re as ugly as a hat full of assholes.
Zettecity

Romance?
What is this “romance” concept you’re speaking of?
Okay, so this is a downer…the Ex once gave me a dustpan for my birthday. No kidding. Actually, he’d forgotten my birthday and had just stopped off at the hardware store. When I opened the package and my face fell, he realized he’d pissed in his chili, but still tried to pass it off. (“But it’s a METAL dustpan, not one of the cheap plastic things! And it wasn’t even for a special occassion!”)
He was also VERY big on “deferred gifts”, i.e. “I didn’t buy you anything for Christmas, because I’d rather save up the money and really treat on you on vacation/whatever…”
Which of course never rolled around.
Please forgive my crabbing. I love to read that other folks have had romance in their lives! One anomoly does not a rule make…
Veb

ok 2 things happened to me that was romantic…first one was my X boyfriend, he was actually my first real boyfriend got me a single red rose and when i walked into his house there was this HUGE stuffed animal bear he bought for me sitting there. He let me sit there and say how much I liked it for about a hour and finally told me it was for me!

second thing happened most recently. Brian sent me one day douzen red roses beatifully packaged with a box of chocolets. He called me and told me that I needed to go and pick something up cause he was having a fot when the driver tried to deliver them and I wasnt home and the road runs were done for the day. So here I am driving over to get something that I have no idea what Im supposed to be picking up. (of course the packaging company lost it also and couldnt find it.) but then they did and I got the package finally it was the sweetest thing. and most of all the little card that was attached and the words it said are what I loved the most. and best of all these roses were for no reason at all just cause he wanted to surprise me. Needless to say I was having an awful week and what a nice thing to get in the middle of a week that was totaly going down hill.

Love Always,
Heather Lee
XheatherleeX@aol.com

This is romantic as hell but sad. So whip out those hankies, folks.

A man I dated and I would slip little notes into each other’s clothes, books, where ever. We knew that some of them might not be found for a long time but we had that “forever” thing in our heads. You all know what I mean. If you don’t that’s really sad. You SHOULD know what I mean.

Anyway, he died in a hiking accident on Fuji. I was devastated. About a year after that happened I found a note from him inside a plastic bag on the bottom of my freezer.

The moon looks on many flowers, the flowers on but one moon.

Wow… how sad… but also a wonderful memory to hold onto

We are, each of us angels with only one wing;
and we can only fly by
embracing one another

TVeblen - don’t feel bad. I’m in the same boat. My last Christmas gift was a CD which was returned (we were low on cash) and never replaced (when we HAD cash) and the Christmas prior to that, I got a jigsaw. All this stuff, by the way, comes wrapped in aluminum foil…and he’s never ever bought me flowers…

I once was taken to a meadow in a state park where the guy I dated had planted a whole field with daffodil bulbs (my fav flower) the previous fall and they were all in bloom.

I’m a guy & lots of women bring me roses.

Ithink that is decidely romantic as usually the guy gives the girl roses or flowers.

quote]::sigh:: I know what you mean about flowers at work. If guys knew how much they could get away with by doing that . . . .
::looking over shoulder:: Shh! Don’t tell 'em!

-Melin
[/quote]

That sweet act will forever be ruined in my head. :frowning: The pro-wrestler that I was dating and later stalked by, used to send dozens of roses and other exotic flowers to my office daily. It looked like a flower shop and became the office joke. When things started to go bad, I would cringe when I would see the delivery guy walk into the door (they knew me by name), but the thing that freaked me out for good was the day I was sitting at my desk surrounded by flowers and he walks in the door (during the stalking phase) and says to me, “You look so beautiful surround by flowers, just like you’ll look in our wedding day (he wouldn’t take NO for an answer)”. Then he leans close to me so no one woujld overhear and adds, “or at your funeral.”

I have since received flowers at work from other men and I really do like it, but there is still that panic feeling in the back of my head from the time I see the flowers and the time I read the card. I have this great fear that the card will once again show his name. :::shiver:::

Nuff of that.

A sweety called one morning and asked me to dress formal because he had a surprise for me that night. Near sundown, a chauffeur picked me up at the door and led me to a limo. My sweetheart, wearing a tux, was sitting in the back seat with a dozen long stem red roses and a bottle of wine. We drove to the top of a mountain peak (for those familiar with Northern Utah, this is a fantastic view). Once there, the driver parked and led us to a ledge overlooking the valley. Sitting on this ledge was a small table and a candle lit dinner, complete with soft music. The driver acted as our waiter.

After dinner, he dropped to his knee and asked me to marry him.

>^,^<
KITTEN
If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic.

Aaaah !! The suspence is killing me !!

I take it you said yes, Diane ?

Coldfire

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

Geez, Diane, talk about leaving us in suspense! What was your reply?

okay Diane, long enough!!! Let’s hear the rest of the story!!

Unforgiven

Romance some times it is the simple things: like someone leaving messages on your answering machine or emailing you so you don’t come home to nothing. Or telling you that the sound of your voice turns them on. Letting the other person know how much they mean to you is much more romantic then gifts any day.
If i was going to be romantic i would send him some garters in green with gummie bears and write a note saying bring these when we see each other again

till then love your BG P.S. what do you think gypsy

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YYYYEEEEAAAAHHH…I am going to have to start checking my mail…

Unforgiven

Mz. Byz: In the race to get over time & space,that is one beautiful tragic bond. The purest expression of romance, well, for once, I’m speechless… thanks for something imponderable to go on yond to dreamland.

gypsyBG
you know I couldnt agree more with you on someone calling and sending you e-mails so that you dont have to come home to nothing. lol Try to explain that to some men though nearly impossible!

Love Always,
Heather Lee
XheatherleeX@aol.com