RotK: A couple of spoilers/rumors, anyone?

I know some of you who are interested already read TORn, same as me, but for those of you who do not, here are a couple of reliable TORn spoilers to whet your appetites. But be forewarned, there’s a big spoiler in here:

[spoiler]The scene in the room at the Tower of Cirith Ungol (“You can’t walk about the Black Lands in naught but your skin, Mr. Frodo”) has been filmed and is in.

The scene where Sam and Frodo must disguise themselves as orcs is in.

Aragorn and Sauron are actually going to square off in the battle before the Black Gate! This sounds pretty gnarly, and I want to see it. I’m sure after Narsil got crunched back in the Battle of the Last Alliance, it would like to take a bite back at Sauron. [/spoiler]

::getting out calendar and counting days::

Aack! I could have sworn I was in Cafe Society - I’ve been reading it all day. I apologize, Mods, for the goof-up.

I’m out of the loop - what’s TORn?

Shouldn’t that be LotR:TRotK?

dantheman: TORn is The One Ring.net, favorite site for movie gossip for Tolkein geeks.

Thanks.

But… I thought they filmed TTT and RoTK at the same time. Or do I have that wrong?

Filmed…yes. Edited…no

pugluvr, why must you tempt me??? I’ve been doing my best to be spoiler free (I didn’t read your spoiler), but it’s just soooooo hard.

Maybe I should just lock myself up in a closet until the extended TTT comes out in November…

In regards to spoiler #1

YYYYYESSSSSSSSSSsS!!!

Okay, now I understand. TPRn…

SHE-lob. SHE-lob. SHE-lob… :slight_smile:

Oh, yeah, I forgot to put this one in:

Saruman dies at the hands of Grima Wormtongue, just like in the book, but not at the Shire - at Orthanc, I believe. And credit for the kill of Grima goes to Legolas and his trusty arrows in a characteristic show of his archery skill.

Ugh… does this mean more deviation from the book?

Well, if Aragorn can defeat five ring-wraiths in battle single-handedly, I guess there’s no reason he can’t go mano a mano with Sauron :rolleyes:

Yoop! Here are some of the first frames from the movie. I guess the computer game had some footage in it, and some kind persons over at TORn posted them:

RotK frames

Not anymore

“Gnarly” is in no way the adjective I’d use to describe that. I’d use something much more unkind. I didn’t mind all the deviations in TTT, but still, I dearly, dearly hope that particular bit is false.

However, our friendly Czech site has a few new pages of things.

Not to cast aspersions on the purported spoiler in the OP, but didn’t they make it pretty clear in FOTR that Sauron couldn’t take physical form?

minty, you have to remember that this is Peter Jackson’s “Lord of the Rings,” loosely based on a tale by J.R.R. Tolkien. And if he wants Sauron re-embodied, I’m sure he’ll either find a way to do it, or just gloss right past it without explanation.

Besides, here’s how it actually ends. :smiley: