Ruth Bader Ginsburg has passed away

Breaking news on CNN. This makes me so damned sad.

The world is coming to an end.

OH NO! :slightly_frowning_face:

Horrible news not only for her family and friends, but for the nation.

First and foremost- sad to see a great lady pass. I hope her death was peaceful.

As far as the politics go, you know that Moscow Mitch is going to ram through some right wing replacement in the next 3 months.

Fuck, and there goes the election as well. Now there’s nothing to stop them appointing a toady who will happily overrule the will of the voters in whatever inevitable election cases come before the supreme court contesting electoral results. The nation is truly and deeply fucked.

What the fuck?!

We may be certain that Moscow Mitch’s hypocrisy will be on full display in coming weeks:

From the NPR story:

RIP. Wow. Oh my God.

Shit.

It’s over dude.

USA is over.

I’m pretty sure Gorsuch will still swing towards the side of true justice if it comes down to something truly egregious. Breyer, Sotomayor, Kagan, Roberts, and Gorsuch on the side of democracy. Thomas, Alito, Kavanaugh, and TBD on the on the side of dictatorship.

Ugh, three months? Three weeks, maybe.

We are all well and truly fucked. It’s the end of the American justice system for the rest of my lifetime.

Man, she came so close. A few more months and it would have been President Biden nominating her replacement.

Son of a bitch. This is really bad.

Ruth Bader Ginsberg, thank you for your tireless work on behalf of the US, but I really wish you had hung on 2 more months.

I just went in my living room where the TV was on and literally screamed. Such an amazing woman. And we are all fucked.

RIP Ruth Bader Ginsberg. It’s a comfort to know that Mitch “Honor” McConnell is, according to his actions, opposed to replacing Supreme Court judges in an election year.
:fu:
(Emoji for Mitch, and his backers.)

I don’t give a flying fuck what anyone thinks: if Moscow Mitch rams through another conservative, then Sleep Joe has no choice but to pack the mother fucking courts. This must happen. No debate, no nothing. Pack the courts. Or face the consequences.

Why would he do that? Forcing a vote on a conservative Supreme Court nominee could sink some of his vulnerable members (or they might vote no to save their skins). Just wait until the lame duck session after the election, and then those vulnerable members will have either lost or won and can vote for her replacement without worry.

Good point.