Rysdad, what the fuck is your problem?

PLD, I’d say you’ve got a point on the merits.

But your abusive behavior continues. If you’re not threatening to “slap the dick out of your mouth,” or “Come to my house and see what happens,” it’s just “you fucking dick…”

In a thread a month or so back you said you were trying to not take anything personally anymore, but here we are at high tide of vitriol again.

I guess that promise is ‘inoperative.’ – what happened?

I guess I failed. Can’t pretend I didn’t. Although I don’t think that Rysdad’s comments were meant to be taken anything but personally, so I don’t think I can be faulted for taking them that way.

BTW, the “slap the dick out of your mouth thing” was a joke, because I thought that RickJay had responded out of all proportion to anything I said. For those who were not priveleged enough to have HBO:

Tom: Excuse me. Excuse me. You still haven’t answered the question about the swearing–what about the swearing?

David: Please, let’s stick to one subject, here. Okay, Pit-Pat is a magical pixie, who can fly around and–

Jill: You can’t have all that swearing; it’s offensive.

Bob: Look lady, I don’t come down to where you work and slap the dick out of your mouth…

Jill: [outraged] That’s it!!

Bob: You’re right that’s it.

David: That’s the new slogan for Grandma Betsy’s Biscuit Powder! [uncovers a cardboard poster of a package, with cartoon old woman and beneath her, the slogan “I don’t come down to where you work and slap the dick out of your mouth.”]

Bob: The world of the future is much cruder than the world of today.

However, whatever the case concerning my behavior, Rysdad chose a thread in Great Debates in which I hadn’t said so much as “BOO” to him to suddenly attack me personally, and in a way that had nothing to do with the issue at hand. He was wrong to do so, and although my correspondence with the mods indicates that perhaps my sensitivity meter is too high – or at least that the two attacks did not rise to the level of a warning – he did get warned for the “ignore” stuff. So I think he owes me an apology, not that I expect to see one.

Also, unless Rysdad has something of substance to respond with, I’ve said what I wanted to say to him, and I guess he has as well. Mods, if there’s nothing from him by this afternoon, I see no purpose in leaving this one open. Can you, in that case, lock it up?

If anyone wants to start a separate thread on whether I am, in fact, a sanctimonious asshole who simply rehashes his own previous posts, feel free.

Well, I usually read “sanctimonious asshole” as code for “one who was little patience for idiots.”

Usually it’s the idiot in question’s only defense mechanism.

::Just speaking generally::

Thanks man. And perhaps my friend at the DFS office is a rarity and there are alot of bad ones there, anyways I can understand how the whole situation leads to alot of frustration on all sides. Perfectly understandable all around.

BTW, to RTFirefly, sorry if my post sounded conceited.

Apology accepted. And before the mods close this one, I should apologize for coming down on you the way I did.

I’m also fine with locking this thread. I have other things in my life that are emotionally draining, and I’m too tired to work up the appropriate vitriol to respond any further.

Closed by agreement of the main participants.