Saddam Forced to Repeatedly Watch the South Park Movie

For those who didn’t see it, in South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut, Saddam was depicted as being Satan’s gay lover. Now the Marines guarding him are forcing him to watch it over and over again.

I’m willing to admit that this could be a publicity stunt by Stone and Parker, but it’s a funny thought nonetheless.

Hey, thats a damn funny movie. I could be a lot worse.

They could make him watch “American Idol” reruns.

I hope it’s a publicity stunt. I don’t want anyone forcing people to watch anything in my name.

Indeed. I hope that Mr. Stone was joking.

What’s “your name”?

If you’ll recall, I asked if this sort of thing would happen (and being forced to watch the Hot Shots movies as well), 'wayyyyy back when he was first captured.

Looks like someone else had the same thought, only more recently.

Here it is. From 2004:

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=240608&highlight=Saddam+South+Park+watch

Anything that’s done by the United States Government, or the State of New York.

I hope it’s a joke, and I’d get more laughs out of Saddam doing standup than I would from South Park. That said, maybe we should lighten up a little? No matter what, it’s pretty funny.

I’m not really sure that it would offend him. His forst job with the Ba’ath Party was as a street thug and enforcer. Do you really think he’s going to be offended when he’s told, “When you die, you’ll bugger Satan and rule Hell?”

But what about the Village of Southampton?

I do kind of hope that when he’s acting petulant the person who is guarding him has the good sense to say, “Respect mah au-thor-i-tay!!”

Not that some of the “visual” jokes wouldn’t work… but does Saddam even speak English?

Not now but someday, God willing.

At least he could sympathize with Canada.

Uncle Fucker.

Blame Canada.

Broken English, so they say. Maybe they dubbed it?

I hope they were considerate enough to provide him a copy with Arabic subtitles! :slight_smile:

Y’know, this would have made a perfect Onion story.

Saddam’s English is as good as you’d expect any Middle Eastern leader’s to be.

Bet you guys didn’t know he was awarded the key to the city of Detroit.