Salads

Name your salad.What’s in it?On it? me:garbanzo beans(always),tomatoes,shredded cheese,croutons,bacon bits,hardboiled eggs,and topped with ranch dressing. Next…

Lettuce is pretty key, but add on carrots, shredded cheese (any and all cheeses apply), hard boiled eggs, turkey, bean sprouts, croutons, mushrooms, fat free ranch, fat free italian, and a nice filet mignon along the side.

I love salad! I put hard boiled eggs, ham, croutons, shredded cheese and of course bacon bits. BUT the bacond bits have to be those crunchy ones, no real ones. I have to have some crunch in my salad.

Romaine Lettuce, onion and tomatoes in a bacon, onion, vinegar and sugar dressing poured hot over it.

My favorite salad are the greek salads you get in greece. Cucumbers, tomatoes, greek olives, big slab o’ Feta on top. Sprinkle with oregano, oil, and vinegar. Green bell peppers are optional. Note NO LETTUCE.

Whenever I go to Pippin’s, a local restaurant famous for its salad bar, I get a salad with romaine lettuce, lots of cucumbers and tomatoes, bleu cheese dressing, shredded cheese, and those little fried noodle thingies.

Red leaf or Romaine lettuce, tomato, cucumber, big fat chunks of apple bacon, sprouts, sunflower seeds, chicken or shrimp, broccoli florets, bleu cheese dressing, and homemade croutons.

Now I’m regretting making Hamburger Helper for lunch.

“ChrisCTP-…the sweetheart of the SDMB…” --Diane
Chris’ Homepage: Domestic Bliss

Thge stuff that interests people on this board never ceases to amaze me.

Grilled chicken or salmon Caesar, please.

I like my salads made with spinach instead of lettuce.

I go through salad phases, but currently my favorite is a leaf of butter lettuce (I think), topped with a generous slice of ripe tomato, a thick slab of mozzarella cheese, some basil, and then drenched in oil and balsamic vinegar with a bit of pepper.
-Lanna

You LIKE garbanzo beans? :::choke::::

For me when I go to the salad bar I just pile on broccoli and cauliflower and bleu cheese dressing… and stick some cottage cheese and potato salad on the side if it’s there… I don’t waste my time on stuff like lettuce :slight_smile:

O p a l C a t
www.opalcat.com

• Bed of crisp lettuce mixture
  • Slivered red onions
  • Green & Red Peppers
  • Shredded Cheddar
  • Bacon Bits
  • Lots of creamy Ranch dressing

Yummy… The addition of diced ham, turkey and/or grilled chicken is not a bad thing either!

Yer pal,
Satan

Ooooh, the riches to choose from…

A classic Caesar, w/ plenty of garlicky croutons. (Yep, the kind w/ raw egg, anchovy, lashings of parmesan.)

A plate of good, homegrown tomatoes w/ a drizzle of olive oil and cracked pepper…or w/ paper thin slices of red onion…or snips of basil.

Greek salad, heavy on the feta and kalamta olives.

Salad bar-ish stuff: spinach if it’s available or a titch of lettuce if it’s not; cheese, hardboiled eggs, lots of sunflower seeds, hot peppers on the side, bacon bits if they’re real, and a hefty drizzle of good Italian dressing if it’s available; or obscene amounts of bleu cheese.

Veb

One of the benefits of working for a radio trade paper is that people come in and play music for us. And, more important, they often bring food (and sometimes beer; the real way to our hearts :slight_smile: ) Last week we had a great spread that included the best salad. It was simply whole spinach leaves, sliced strawberries and toasted sesame seeds, with a strawberry vinaigrette dressing. Yummy!

Catrandom

Just 'cause I’m hungry right now:

Lettuce, of course, and Calamata olives, pepperocinis, bleu cheese, sliced red onions, bacon and Italian dressing.

Cucumber Salad is my favorite.

<p align=“center”>Tris</p>

Salads? Yeah, I like to have my salad tossed. Some people like jam, some people like syrup. I like syrup.

To paraphrase Chris Rock.