Say something good about Republicans.

I’ve never personally witnessed a Republican garrote, disembowel or defenestrate someone. But it is only Saturday.

I admire the work ethic and desire to be self sufficient. Not too many slackers in the Republicans I know personally - they often go out of their way to pick up any slack in whatever they’re engaged in.

They stick to their guns.

Although he was politically active mostly before my time, from what I’ve read Barry Goldwater was a pretty reasonable guy, at least later in life. He had some libertarian leanings and stood up to Jerry Falwell and Ronald Reagan regarding social issues on several occasions.

See: Emancipation Proclamation
13th Amendment to the US Constitution

Agree on that, I like Ike nowadays for a curious reason, during his administration the research used to make the fist heat seeking missiles had a serendipitous result, scientists like Plass worked to find the background heat present in the atmosphere that could affect the missiles, it showed the specifics on how CO2 was absorbed and released layer by layer in the atmosphere, giving us the basis of why we should worry about Global Warming. (So no, global warming was not an invention of Al Gore)

George Bush (the father) was then one of the last presidents to trust the scientists and followed their recommendations on issues like CFCs and early global warming treaties.

Unfortunately virtually all current Republican leaders have turned against science.

Dubya put billions into fighting AIDS in Africa simply because it needed to be done.

Since this is IMHO rather than GD, I won’t debate the points above I disagree with, but I don’t think it oversteps the bounds of the forum to note that there is a debate to be had about bullet points 2 and 4.

I’m a staunch republican and I’m proud of it.

Oops, are you talking about US politics? In that case I have many problems with them.

To the best of my knowledge, I’ve never seen a Republican saw a baby in half.

My uncle is a Republican city council member in my hometown, and by all reports does a great job for his district. His biggest project so far has been bulldozing a run-down “absentee landlord” section of town and having it replaced with attractive subsidized rental houses for low-income families.

Awesome.

They don’t forget things when they go camping.

They make good NYC mayors

Sayeth Tom Coburn (R-OK) (of President Obama):

It seems that any further comments I formulate end up saying negative things about other Republicans, so I’ll just let it speak for itself.

Not any more.

Welfare refrom and accountability. Also they are not Nancy Pelosi.

They’re snappy dressers.

If I ever become rich, they’ll fight for me at the expense of everything else in creation.

I may disagree with a lot of the party’s official positions, but by God they know what they want and they fight for it. To the point of insanity, sometimes, but I must credit them with that. The Dems lack that ability and it’s kicking their asses.