Based on this article, where the interviewer first asked people who they were voting for, then asked them to say something nice about the other candidate. It was a pleasant, uplifting read, and I think as election day gets closer it will be nice to have a thread where we could remember and share our positive impressions of “the other guy”.
- Who are you voting/did you vote for? (If not a US citizen, who would you vote for if you could?)
- What do you like about the other candidate for President?
- [optional] What do you like about the other candidate for vice-president?
Two rules: the first is the one implied by the article’s title: if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t post. Not even posting to say “I don’t have anything nice to say”. The second rule is no comments about physical appearance – that’s weaselly. Find something about the candidates’ choices and/or beliefs to praise.
- I voted absentee for Obama/Biden last month.
- John McCain sincerely loves America and is doing what he thinks is best for it. I have real sympathy for the guy, especially after the 2000 primaries. I wish he had gotten the nod then. I think he would have made a fine president eight years ago, and it’s a shame that he wasn’t able to campaign for it until now.
- Sarah Palin’s beliefs about abortion are consistent, and she has carried them out in practice. It’s clear she genuinely believes them and is not just mouthing words to get the evangelical vote. I admire her decision to carry Trig to term, and she unquestionably cares deeply about her family.